- #J44079 000003000 J44079000003000
Hagstrom Retroscape Series H-II Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The H-II and H-III were introduced in 1965, so 2015 marks the 50th anniversary of these iconic guitars. Known for their quirky switches and easy play...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Authentic Hagstrom flair and versatile tones.
The H-II and H-III were introduced in 1965, so 2015 marks the 50th anniversary of these iconic guitars. Known for their quirky switches and easy playability, they quickly achieved wide popularity. Favorites among punk and grunge bands looking for a hard-rocking individualist statement, their audience is also quite diverse: from artists like Joe Satriani, whose first guitar was a Hagstrom H-III, to Aaron North (of Nine Inch Nails) who still has H-IIs and H-IIIs in his guitar arsenal. Many people have been asking for these classics to be re-issued, and we at Hagstrom are happy to comply with lovingly recreated and updated versions of these great classics.
A comfortably profiled Canadian Maple neck is bolted to a hand-selected American Alder body insuring that the original attack and “bite” of the H-II and H-III is maintained. The classic 6-in-line Hagstrom headstock design, used for the first production of H-IIs and H-IIIs, has been slightly updated, and the “Vintage Tremar” has been re-engineered for functional improvements without sacrificing its original appearance.
Hagstrom has taken great care in recreating the original pickups, and the new “Retro-S” pickups do an excellent job of matching the originals’ sonic glory. Gain-shaping functionality is enhanced by incorporating Hagstrom’s new RC-Circuit into the volume control, which allows for volume reduction without the loss of that high frequency “shimmer.” Case sold separately.
Neck Pickup On/Off
Bridge Pickup On/Off
Master Tone On/Off
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: Hard Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: H-Expander
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Resinator
- Radius: 15 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl dot
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Ceramic C-Spin
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Ceramic C-Spin
- Brand: Hagstrom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: R/C Tone Circuit
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: Two on/off switches
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: Yes
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic with roller saddles
- Tailpiece: Vintage Tremar
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Get retro style and modern construction in one. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Aggressive, yet clear tone
- Not too light, not too heavy
- Real vintage vibe
- Not for everyone
- Replacement parts hard to find
- Garage Rock
- Garage Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Surf Rock
- Psychedelic Rock
- Surf Rock
Comments about Hagstrom Retroscape Series H-II Electric Guitar:
What a revelation! The pick-ups have some seriously aggressive tone to them, with more bite and more highs than my strat or any other guitars in my collection. I personally love the feel of the fretboard and find some of the detractors' comments ridiculous. The extra switches might be of use for more mellow players to take out some of the harsh bite, though the killswitch is really useful. Neck is comfortable and not too thin. What can I say - it's my new favorite.
- Was this a gift?: