- #J44011 000005000 J44011000005000
Hagstrom Super Viking Flame Maple Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Versatile tone, incredible playability, and sleek looks have powered the Hagstrom Viking to its commanding position in the in the semi-hollow body gu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An articulate, expressive semi-hollow with tons of power, a longer scale perfect for lower tunings, and beautiful finish options.
Versatile tone, incredible playability, and sleek looks have powered the Hagstrom Viking to its commanding position in the in the semi-hollow body guitar world. The Super Viking continues in the Viking tradition by incorporating key features from Hagstrom’s legendary Super Swede model into a Viking platform.
An important trait inherited from its Super Swede cousin is the Super Viking’s longer, 25.5 inch (648mm) scale length. Drop tunings are a breeze with this longer scale, maintaining brilliance of attack and powerful resonance throughout the instrument as lower tonal realms are explored.
Sonic versatility is further enhanced by Hagstrom’s new, open framed H-50’C humbucker pickups designed specifically for the Super Viking. Add to this mix independent switching between humbucker and single coil mode via push/pull tone pots, and the Super Viking vastly expands your tonal horizons, creating a new range of sonic worlds to ravage.
- Body shape:Double cutaway
- Body type:Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material:Ply maple
- Top wood:FlameMaple
- Body finish:Info not available
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Info not available
- Neck wood:Maple
- Scale length:25.5 in.
- Truss rod:H-expander
- Neck finish:Info not available
- Material:Resinator composite
- Radius:15 in.
- Fret size:Medium jumbo
- Number of frets:22
- Inlays:Pearloid block
- Nut width:1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Middle:Not applicable
- Active or passive pickups:Passive
- Series or parallel:Series
- Active EQ:No
- Special electronics:Push/pull tone pots
- Control layout:Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch:3-way
- Coil tap or split:Coil split
- Kill switch:No
- Bridge type:Fixed
- Bridge design:Long travel tune-o-matic
- Tuning machines:Hagstrom design, 18:1
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Sold separately
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Hagstrom Super Viking Flame Maple Electric Guitar:
Hagstrom produces the best semi-hollow and hollowbody guitars not only in the upper-midrange price, but some of the best you will find anywhere, especially their 12 strings. Gretsch used to produce superior guitars in a similar price range, but their playability/action has deteriorated somewhat since 2010, due to proliferation, from the incomparable and tell-tale action they otherwise generate in their models. Hagstrom does not have a compromised playability at mid-range. Hagstrom arguably makes the best semi-hollows around (unless you want a Gibson instead of a car) with fine materials, particularly wood, a rich and ringing full sound from unique signature buckers, and superb quality, decorative, solid appointments that rival anything Rickenbacker produces. Gretsch, Ric, and Hagstrom are the best brands out there for semis and hollows, but only Hagstrom gives you the total package for under a grand. You can never go wrong with their semi-hollows. For this 33 year player and collector, Hagstrom has become THE brand to consider for this guitar type--a player, by the way, who loves Gretsch and Ric, and owns multiple instruments by all three brands. Try one. It's not hit or miss with these Swedish gems, when last I checked. And as an added note of interest, Zappa once played Hagstroms....so there it is.
- Was this a gift?: