- Write a Review
A guitar-designing collaboration for the ages.
James Munky Shaffer has been associated both with Ibanez and 7-string guitars for 20 years. One of the many young players who found themselves transfixed by Steve Vais 7-string virtuosity, Munky's first 7-string was a Universe. But it was only a matter of time before Munky, along with the band mates who would become Korn, found his own earth churning style of 7-string play.
As the band gained artistic and commercial momentum, Munky and Ibanez began a guitar-designing collaboration for the ages, and now its latest fruit is the APEX20. The Basswood, the 3pc Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard comprise the foundation for the APEX20, delivering the combination of musicality and durability that Munky needs.
The Gibraltar Standard II-7 bridge provides the picking hand enormous freedom. Whole step down factory tuning and the DiMarzio Blaze pickups emphasize treble and bass, and are particularly designed to articulate the 7th string with notable clarity.
Join the league of great guitarists who depend on Ibanez. Order yours today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.