- Write a Review
The finest materials for the discriminating guitarist.
Down-tuning has become synonymous with metal, and although many guitar builders have answered the siren call to serve this extreme sonic palate, none has “exceeded the excesses” Ibanez has given the world. In this context, the ARZ Prestige Uppercut is Ibanez working at the height of its prowess, combining the power of three mighty musical elements.
First, as all serious guitar aficionados know, Prestige is the guitar-maker’s finest line. Built in Japan, Prestige imbues the attitudes and care of old-world craftsmanship with high-tech manufacturing techniques.
Then, consider the introduction of the Ibanez ARZ in 2011, which has gone on to make a name for itself as a guitar that combines the playing comfort of a single cutaway with 24-fret down-tuning capability.
Combining the clever design mechanics of the ARZ with Prestige craftsmanship might have been enough, but now Ibanez delivers the knockout blow: Founded in 2003, UK-based Bare Knuckle has quickly amassed a glowing reputation for building 100% hand-wound pickups from the finest authentic traditional materials for even the most discriminating guitarist.
Eventually, Bare Knuckle made its way into the realm of metal, winning favor among numerous influential artists who immediately responded to their tight, articulate sound when used in down-tuning. Ibanez quickly took notice of Bare Knuckle, and mutual admiration led to the creation of the Uppercut Series, and ultimately, the ARZ6UCS.
The ARZ6UCS features a pair of Bare Knuckle Nailbomb pickups with Alnico V magnets that create huge sound with deep bottom end, rich, throaty mid-range, and clean articulate highs. A Mahogany/ Maple top body and 3-piece Mahogany/ Maple neck deliver intense mid to low-end warmth and immense high-end attack.
An Ebony fretboard sports stainless steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment for a bright tone, high durability and super smooth playability. Gotoh locking tuners and the Tight Tune bridge provide reliability in all battle conditions, providing excellent sustain and precise intonation.
Comes in a no-nonsense Black Flat finish with Cosmo Black hardware. Factory tuned whole step down. Includes a hardshell case.
- 25.1 in. 3pc Mahogany/ Maple set-in neck
- Maple top
- Mahogany body
- Graphtech Black TUSQ nut
- Bound Ebony fretboard
- Abalone/ Pearl block inlay
- Jumbo Stainless Steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- Bare Knuckle Nailbomb (H) neck pu
- Bare Knuckle Nailbomb (H) bridge pu
- Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads
- Tight Tune bridge
- Cosmo Black hardware
- Sure Grip III control knobs
- Factory tuning 1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6D
- Hard shell case included
Trust Ibanez to produce excellent value. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.