- J10349 000001000 J10349000001000
Ibanez RG Series RG9 9-string Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Looking for new musical expanses to explore? Ibanez, a leader in the world of guitars with more than six strings, has thrown down the proverbial gaun...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Packed with know-how and features that invite you to new sonic territory.
Looking for new musical expanses to explore? Ibanez, a leader in the world of guitars with more than six strings, has thrown down the proverbial gauntlet. After creating an affordable, high-performance 8-string for players who heard the siren call of that instrument's musical mysteries, Ibanez now offers a 9-string RG with just as much performance promises and accessibility.
The RG9 has a beautiful quilted maple-as-midnight finish cloaking its basswood body, and its rosewood fingerboard with classic pearl dot inlays completes the visuals. The RG9's 28" neck opens up a plethora of down-tuning possibilities. the jumbo frets grant license for all the string-bending you can bring.
As the originators of the thin, fast neck, the Ultra-9 is yet another achievement for the Ibanez designers in terms of player comfort. Not only has Ibanez managed to make the RG9 quite playable, but its neck-feel is also immediately inspiring.
The proprietary QM-9 humbuckers are designed to thrive in the down tuned netherworld and yield a whole palette of thick, distorted tone textures. Factory tuning from 1st to 9th string is E/B/G/D/A/E/B/F#/C#.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: Wizard-9
- Wood: 5-piece maple/bubinga
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 28"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss polyurethane
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 37.4"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 2.44" (62mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: QM-9 (passive/ceramic)
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: QM-9 (passive/ceramic)
- Brand: Ibanez
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Ibanez 9-saddle
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black chrome
- Number of strings: 9-string
- Special features: Versatile electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Explore new depths from a brand that makes the best. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Pick Up
- Solid Electronics
Comments about Ibanez RG Series RG9 9-string Electric Guitar:
I have mostly 6 string guitars, but have recently dabbled with 7 string and 8 string guitars that I have acquired. I purchased this on a whim, mostly to say that I actually own one, but it turned out to be a fantastic purchase. The neck is suprisingly very comfortable to play on and the low C# is beyond low, but pushes through the mix well. I play mostly doom metal and black metal and I think this was a smart purchase for sure. If you haven't already, get your hands on one.