- J48134 000001000 J48134000001000
Ibanez RGA Iron Label RGAIX6U 6-string Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
With the growing popularity of the Iron Label series, Ibanez continues to tap the seismic underworld for inspiration. Working their famous RGA body s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Dark, mean and ready to rock.With the growing popularity of the Iron Label series, Ibanez continues to tap the seismic underworld for inspiration. Working their famous RGA body shape from the “chassis” up, the RGAIX6U has been designed to add some dark, dramatic flair to the brand’s no-frills “made-for-metal” lineup.
This striking 6-string electric brings an air of mysterious beauty to the Iron Label line.
Working from the philosophy that playing comfort translates into speed and articulation, the RGAIX6U features a spacious, bound Ebony fretboard mounted on a 3-piece Maple/Bubinga Nitro Wizard neck that both enhances playing agility and optimizes clarity. The acclaimed Ibanez Gibraltar Standard II bridge improves sustain and provides faultless intonation. Gotoh locking machine heads help provide superior tuning stability and expedite string changes.
The RGAIX6U sports a pair of matched Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups designed to deliver accelerated bass response for tracking high-speed staccato riffing, with increased focus in the mids, and precise high-end articulation. An added coil-tap feature, easily accessible through a conveniently located on/off mini switch, provides even greater tonal options.
The RGAIX6U is yet another reason why the Ibanez Iron Label series is winning over new die-hard converts every day.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Matte
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Wizard
- Neck wood: Maple/bubinga
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Matte
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: Not specified
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: 12th fret
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Aftermath
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Aftermath
- Brand: Bare Knuckle
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Coil-tap switch (neck and bridge)
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Gotoh locking
- Color: Black chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Neck is very playable and fast
- Solid build, no loose components
- Placement of volume control knob
Comments about Ibanez RGA Iron Label RGAIX6U 6-string Electric Guitar:
Guitar build is unexpectedly solid and caught me by surprise for this price range (I had been looking at $3k+ Gibson Les Pauls). I have no complaints over any of the components constructing this guitar. It was a little challenging getting used to the placement of the volume control knob. This guitar is very easy to play and sounds great with clean and heavily distorted tones. The coil tap function is a nice add-on for times when you might get stuck playing with your dad or step-dad. Great all-around guitar and should fit nicely as a melodic death metal guitar or shredder. This was my first Ibanez guitar and I was skeptical just how it would turn out. I would certainly recommend this model and potentially any Ibanez guitar. I decided to buy a 7-string Ibanez recently as well (JBM27).
- Was this a gift?: