- Product J55980
Ibanez RGA series RGAR42MFMT Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
If Ibanez can lay claim to the title of being the strongest name in Metal guitars, then the RGA is the model this reputation was built on. Every inch...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
High performance at a low price.
If Ibanez can lay claim to the title of being the strongest name in Metal guitars, then the RGA is the model this reputation was built on. Every inch of this classic screams speed, fury, and expression.
The RGAR42MFMT features a mahogany body with stunning flamed maple top and the legendary thin, Wizard III maple neck, revered for both its playing comfort and unparalleled speed. A Maple fretboard and reversed headstock round out the visuals. Proprietary Quantum pickups for a focused, vintage meets modern, vibe and you’ve got a guitar that’s every inch a pure metal machine. Case sold separately.
- Made-for-metal body design
- Stunning maple top
- Fast-playing Wizard III neck
- Versatile Quantum humbuckers with 5-way switch
- Rock-stable, double-locking tremolo
Take your playing to the next level on a budget. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Laminatead
- Top wood: Flamed Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Wizard III
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 15.75 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Quantum (H)
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Quantum (H)
- Brand: Ibanez
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Switchable, neck humbucker in parallel position 2
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Yes, position 4
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle double locking
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Top wood
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
Comments about Ibanez RGA series RGAR42MFMT Electric Guitar:
As the title says....Ibanez is stepping up their game on their lower priced line. I've had a few of their Indonesian made guitars in the past and, more often than not, they just didn't work out. I picked up one of these in my local shop and WOW. The fit...the finish...the playability...and surprisingly GOOD pickups. Not GREAT...but GOOD. That is saying a lot. The Quantums are actually well balanced tone wise. I don't see an immediate need to swap em', even though I will likely do so in the future.
Let's talk finish...
I am loving this current trend of satin/flat flame tops on guitars. No fingerprints and a super smooth feel. My arm just feels so comfortable when playing and it looks gorgeous. I got the Dragon Eye finish and it's a stunner. Along with the matching reverse headstock and maple board...she's a stunner.
She's also extremely lightweight and comfortable. Unlike the RG series...the RGA is beveled and contoured and so comfortable.
All in all...I am very impressed. So much so that I am considering getting a second in blue for alternate tunings.