- Write a Review
Genuine flamenco fire.
The Rodriguez Model FF Cutaway Guitar is an acoustic-electric guitar that is a beauty to behold and to play. Features a carefully chosen, solid German spruce gloss top and solid cypress back and sides. The headstock is Brazilian rosewood, the neck is Honduras mahogany reinforced with ebony, and the fingerboard is also ebony. A bone nut and saddle enhance the ringing tone and sustain. Gold-plated tuners and silver-plated frets are installed to last a lifetime. The body binding and wood rosette are exquisite.
This Rodriguez Classical Guitar is hand-crafted and glued to create precise balances. From the invisible careful sanding, even inside the body, that ensures the finished guitar's purity of tone, to the beautifully unique rosette inlays around the soundhole and on the back of the neck, each Rodriquez FF guitar is a credit to its luthier and worthy of being handed down from one generation to another.
The tone, resonance and beauty of fine guitars are all dependent upon the wood from which they are made. The wood used in the construction of Rodriguez guitars is carefully chosen and aged to guarantee the highest quality. No wood is purchased before the tree has been cut down, and at least 2 years must elapse before the tree is turned into lumber. The wood has to be well cut from the log. The grain must be close and absolutely vertical. The Rodriguez guitar shop's humidity is carefully monitored.
The Rodriguez FF cutaway guitar features a multi-colored wood rosette, as exquisite as the sounds that issue from it. Their intricacy and beauty signify the attention to detail that characterizes every Rodriguez guitar.
For backs and sides, Rodriguez uses Brazilian rosewood and Indian rosewood (Jacaranda). Brazilian rosewood has a beautiful color and design, making it ideal for an elegant concert classic guitar.
Rodriguez has included an L.R. Baggs 4 band preamp and pickup for events that call for more volume.
For the guitar's top, Rodriguez has experimented with other spruce woods from various parts of the world including North America, Canada, Alaska, Russia and Sweden, but Central European spruce is unique. Red Western cedar is obtained from Canada and the Northwest U.S. There are many different qualities and colors. As with spruce, stiffness, grain and weight are important.
For the neck, Rodriguez uses cedar from Honduras. There are many kinds of cedar, as the name is used on so many continents. Honduras cedar is very hard and stable, and it is also light. Necks are reinforced with 2 Ebony strips on the underside of the fingerboard for total rigidity and to eliminate shape changes as the guitar ages.
- Top: Solid German Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Cypress
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Neck: Honduras Cedar with Ebony
- Tuner: Gold Plated (Standard)
- Headstock: Brazilian Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle: Bone Graphite
- Body Binding: Two, Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 2" (54mm)
- Body Depth: 3.71" ” 3.94" (95mm ” 100mm)
- Body Width: 11.42" ” 14.53" (290mm ” 369mm)
- Scale Length: 25.6" (650mm)
- Rosette: Multicolored woods
- Body Binding: Wood
- Frets: 19, Silver-plated
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs 4 band preamp and pickup
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.