- Product 515955
Martin 000-42M Eric Clapton Guitar
- Write a Review
Since the original 000-42EC Eric Clapton Signature Edition Guitar was introduced in 1995, Clapton has explored the sonic subtleties of various tonewo...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
This beautifully crafted Limited Edition is worthy of the artist whose name it bears.
Since the original 000-42EC Eric Clapton Signature Edition Guitar was introduced in 1995, Clapton has explored the sonic subtleties of various tonewood combinations in the 000 Martin guitars that bear his name, but the 000-42M Eric Clapton Limited Edition may well boast the most exciting tonewood combination yet. The top is Carpathian spruce, which blends the power and clarity of Adirondack spruce, and the warmth and responsiveness of Italian alpine spruce. The back and sides are Madagascar rosewood, prized for its uncanny resemblance in both appearance and rich resonance to the now-endangered Brazilian rosewood. Scalloped top braces give both tonewoods full tonal expression. The 1-3/4" (at the nut) V neck with diamond volute is carved from genuine mahogany.
Reminiscent of the Brazilian rosewood 000-42ECB Eric Clapton Signature Edition Martin produced in 2000, the 000-42M Eric Clapton Limited Edition features spectacular abalone pearl appointments throughout. Select abalone pearl inlays in the Style 45 rosette, and around the top and fingerboard extension, are highlighted by black and white fine line wood fiber borders. The Madagascar rosewood headplate on the square, tapered headstock provides the canvas for the rare Alternative Torch inlay, which originated on one of four Martin 1902 00-45 instruments and has been offered on only a handful of Signature Editions. In the tradition of classic Martins from the early 1930s and before, the back of the headstock bears the historic "C. F. Martin" pressure stamp. The ebony fingerboard showcases Style 45 abalone pearl snowflake inlays at the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th and 17th frets, with Eric Clapton's signature inlaid in mother-of-pearl between the 19th and 20th frets.
The 000-42M Eric Clapton Limited Edition is fully bound in grained ivoroid; black and white fine line inlays accent the headplate and mitered fingerboard binding, while black and white fine line purfling enhances the back and side binding. A Style 45 multi-colored mosaic inlay strip bisects the back. The headstock is fitted with Waverly„¢ nickel open geared tuning machines with white ivoroid butterbean knobs. Style 45 bone bridge pins topped with abalone pearl dot inlays on the ebony belly bridge are matched by an abalone pearl-inlaid bone endpin. Both the nut and compensated saddle are crafted from genuine bone for exceptional sound.
The polished and beveled acetate/nitrate vintage-style tortoise pickguard is particularly striking against the guitar's two available top hues: the deep amber vintage toner offered standard and the optional 1937 Style Sunburst, available for an extra charge. Martin's immaculate polished gloss finish on the body, neck and headplate enables the rich colors of the 000-42M guitar's tonewoods and inlays to shine.
When Eric Clapton received his personal 000-42M Limited Edition guitar ” a Sunburst ” he responded with an email that simply said: ". . . absolutely beautiful!"
Each Martin 000-42M Acoustic Guitar bears an interior label personally signed by Eric Clapton and individually numbered in sequence with the edition total. The guitars are delivered in a deluxe Geib„¢ style five-ply hardshell case. Left-handed instruments may be ordered at no additional charge. Authorized C. F. Martin dealers will begin taking orders immediately for the 000-42M Eric Clapton Limited Edition, which is limited to no more than 250 special guitars.
- Model: 000-42M Eric Clapton
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Carpathian spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45 Golden Era
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42 With Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Back Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood /Alternate Torch Pattern - Select Abalone
- Heelcap: Grained ivoroid With Black/Maple Fiber Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflake - Select Abalone With Eric Clapton Signature In Agoya Between 19th & 20th Frets
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With 1935 Sunburst
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel With ivoroid butterbean knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Light Phosphor Bronze (Mec12 )
- Bridge & End Pins: Camel Bone With Select Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Case: 533e Geib Style
- Interior Label: Signed By Eric Clapton, Numbered In Sequence With Total (250 Combined)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Well, this is a very nice instrument. No, I don't own one and never will. I'm sure it's great quality since it's a martin and the sound is awesome - I'm sure... However, this guitar is worth more than both my car and my wife's car put together. No guitar is worth this much in my eyes. I think it's ridiculous to spend this much on an instrument no matter "who's name or style" it has!! Can this guitar play itself when you are sick? - can this guitar drive you to your gig ? - I doubt it... Save your money, buy a Dean, Ovation, Fender etc. which will cost a lot less and use the rest for your car or home..Unless, you got plenty of money to burn?enjoy the music.