- Product J31165
Martin 17 Series 00-17S Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The 17 Series 00-17S Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Compact size that belies it's solid projection.
The 17 Series 00-17S Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and matching bridge. The sleek modified low oval neck with a Performing Artist taper allows for greater ease of play up and down the fretboard. You can start a musical journey that will last a lifetime with this model. Includes case. See drop down menu for the finish that suits you best.
The 17 Series is Martin’s homage to early 20th Century American blues when small guitars were the instrument of choice. Martin designed the series using small body shapes, 00, 00L, 000, and chose understated appointments as a way of eliciting the sights and sounds of the great delta bluesman.
Martin wanted the guitars to be blue collar and inviting. Guitars that are meant to be picked up and played, not pampered. They specifically developed two finish options, Black Smoke and Whiskey Sunset, that they felt looked at home in a Mississippi juke joint or Memphis blues club. The open pore, ultra-thin satin finish lends itself to the weathered and broken-in appeal. The straight bridge and ivoroid button open back tuners add to the effect. They opted for mahogany back and sides with a Sitka spruce top because it works so well with a variety of small body sizes. This combination of wood is responsive enough for Lightning Hopkins fingerstyle playing or more modern blues using a pick. A single piece of ivoroid binding was chosen for the top with no binding on the back. The neck is mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Exotic and ultra-high quality materials crafted by America’s premier guitar builder at an affordable price.
- Body type:00-12 Fret
- Top wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides:Mahogany
- Bracing pattern:X
- Body finish:Satin
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Modern low ova
- Nut width:1.75" (44.45mm)
- Neck wood:Select Hardwood
- Scale length:24.9"
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Satin
- Brand:Not applicable
- Configuration:Not applicable
- Preamp EQ:Not applicable
- Feedback filter:Not applicable
- Tuner:Not applicable
- Headstock overlay:Ebony
- Tuning machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Saddle & nut:Compensated Bone/Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Hardshell case
Order this high-quality Martin today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.