- Product J04706
Martin 2014 Authentic 1937 D-28 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward-shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, an Adirondack red spruce soundboar...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A modern remake of a Martin classic with great attention to detail.
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward-shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, an Adirondack red spruce soundboard and a 1-3/4" neck width. This addition to the Authentic series is a recreation of Martin's original 1937 model offered with a solid Adirondack spruce top, Madagascar rosewood back and sides, solid black ebony fingerboard with diamond and squares - long pattern 1937 inlays, 28 Style Zig Zag back purfling, an authentic 1937 barrel and heel neck shape, Waverly Nickel tuners with oval knobs, and a 1930s Style belly bridge with long saddle.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style), Circa 1937 Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: 28 Style Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid in a Narrow 1937 Shape
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diaomond/1937 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern 1937
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly with Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Ivory Colored Poly with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 545V Harptone
- Interior Label: none
Order this remastered classic today!