- Product H92887
Martin 2014 D-28 Authentic 1931 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The D-28 Dreadnought is constructed of solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany neck. This instrument has been...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A favorite dreadnought of professional artists for years.
The D-28 Dreadnought is constructed of solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany neck. This instrument has been a favorite of artists from Hank Williams Sr. to Jimmy Page. It has massive bass response balanced with articulate highs that make it a benchmark acoustic guitar and must-have for any guitarist. It's an ideal choice for intermediate and advanced players.
- Construction: Mahogany blocks/dovetail neck joint
- Body size: D-12 fret
- Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top bracing pattern: Standard ''X''
- Top braces: Solid Sitka dpruce 5/16''
- Back material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Back purfling: Style 28
- Side material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top inlay style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck material: Select hardwood
- Neck shape: Low profile
- Nut material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian rosewood /Raised gold foil
- Heelcap: White Boltaron
- Fingerboard material: Solid black ebony
- Scale length: 25.4''
- Number of frets clear: 12
- Number of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard position Iinlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard binding: none
- Finish back & sides: Polished gloss
- Finish top: Polished gloss
- Finish neck: Satin
- Bridge material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' radius/compensated/bone
- Tuning machines: Chrome enclosed with Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & end pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 640 Molded
If it's good enough for Hank and Jimmy, it should be a favorite of yours as well. Order now!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Comfortable to Play
- Exceptional Tone
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Very Balanced
Comments about Martin 2014 D-28 Authentic 1931 Acoustic Guitar:
This guitar is a cut above every modern guitar that I have played. Some might be put off initially by the size of the neck. Don't be. It took me all of five minutes to acclimate. Top notch craftsmanship, with flawless fit and finish.
And, if it weren't perfect enough, t think this guitar is an absolute bargain as well.