- Product H92890
Martin 2014 D-45S Authentic 1936 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Talk about authenticity, Martin's Authentics Series guitars are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detai...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Built the old-fashioned way to give you the genuine Martin look, feel, and sound that made people fall in love with Martins in the first place.
Talk about authenticity, Martin's Authentics Series guitars are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. The D-45S Authentic 1936 is based on a large body D-45 located in their museum, and features Brazilian rosewood back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, period-correct "45" Authentic-style appointments, and includes gold tuners with hand-engraved butterbean knobs.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: D-14 Fret (Large Body)
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45 Authentic
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1936
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Brazilian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45 - Golden Era
- Side Material: Solid Brazilian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid in a Narrow 1936 Shape 45 Wedge
- Endpiece Inlay: Solid Brazilian Rosewood and Black/Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42
- Side Inlay: Style 45
- Back Inlay: Style 45
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1936 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1936 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Brazilian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Snowflakes - 1936 Authentic Style
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly - Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Gold 4060 with Butterbean Knobs with Hand Engraving
- Bridge & End Pins: Ivory Colored Poly with Select Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 545V Harptone Large Body
If you want that old school Martin sound, this guitar is the real deal. Order yours today!