Martin Authentic Series guitars are the real deal.
C.F. Martin "Authentic™ Series" guitars go well beyond the already highly acclaimed Golden Era® vintage recreations in faithfully replicating the specifications, materials and processes used in the construction of the original pre-WWII Martin guitars. These custom hand-constructed acoustic guitars draw their inspiration from stellar 1937 examples and employ the use of hide glue as well as a T-shaped neck reinforcement bar. Other significant features on this Martin guitar include an Adirondack red spruce top with circa 1937 contoured Adirondack bracing, a specially shaped tortoise-colored pickguard, a narrow tortoise-colored end piece, old style 18 abalone position markers, grained ivoroid side position dots, black ebony fingerboard and bridge, fossil ivory nut and saddle, premium Waverly® period tuning gears, and a vintage case.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Model: 000-18 Authentic 1937
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Golden Era Style), Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Solid Brazilian Rosewood Strip
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Delmar Tortoise Color In A Narrow 1937 Shape - Brown
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Tortoise Color
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: None
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Brazilian Rosewood /Golden Era Style
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss 1935 Sunburst
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly With Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel With Oval Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor Bronze (MSP4100) Bridge & End Pins: Solid Black Ebony
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color - Beveled (Under Finish)
- Case: V18a Authentic Style
Inspired by the legendary Martins of the past. Order yours today.