- J18006 000001000 J18006000001000
Martin Authentic Series 1931 OM-28 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Authentic Series 1931 OM-28 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar shares Martin's significant 14-fret neck Orchestra Model innovation, and is ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Based on the rare 1931 OM-28 owned by folk legend Mike Seeger.
- Martin Authentic VTS 1931 OM-28 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Introducing Martin's Vintage Tone System
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
The Authentic Series 1931 OM-28 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar shares Martin's significant 14-fret neck Orchestra Model innovation, and is based on a rare 1931 OM-28 model originally owned by Mike Seeger. The specifications have been closely followed with the following exceptions: Madagascar rosewood replaces the rarer Brazilian rosewood, and it has a vintage gloss finish and torrefied Adirondack spruce top and braces, and Martin's Vintage Tone System (VTS) has been used to replicate the aged appearance and tonality of the 1931 original.
Construction: Solid Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
Body Size: 000-14 Fret
Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce with VTS
Rosette: Style 28 (Authentic 1921/31)
Top Bracing Pattern: OM-28 Authentic 1931
Top Braces: VTS Adirondack Spruce 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars Circa 1931
Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
Back Purfling: Style 28 Zig-Zag (Authentic)
Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid (Narrow 1931 Shape)
Endpiece Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood with Maple Fiber
Binding: Grained Ivoroid
Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
Side Inlay: none
Back Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood with Maple Fiber
Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
Neck Shape: Authentic 1931 Barrel and Heel
Nut Material: Bone
Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1931 Taper
Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
Scale Length: 25.4"
# of Frets Clear: 14
# of Frets Total: 20
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
Fingerboard Width at 12TH Fret: 2-1/4"
Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Short Pattern Golden Era
Fingerboard Binding: none
Finish Back and Sides: Vintage Gloss
Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly with Long Saddle
Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
Saddle: 16" Radius/Long Bone
Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean Buttons
Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
Bridge and End Pins: Ivory Colored Poly with Black Dots
Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
Case: 533V Harptone
Interior Label: none
Order this special Martin today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- No cons just a really fine instrument !
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Martin Authentic Series 1931 OM-28 VTS Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar:
This guitar is a pleasure to play. I have had many high end acoustic guitars over the years all kinds of brands .This one does it all fingerstyle and flatpicking ! A beautiful huge sound ! WOW !
Service and delivery comments:
The delivery was prompt and carefully planned , so it didn't sit over a week-end in a warehouse somewhere. The guitar came safe and sound and ready to play all set up to use !