More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J18006 000001000 J18006000001000
Martin Authentic VTS 1931 OM-28 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
This guitar shares Martin's significant 14-fret neck Orchestra Model innovation and is based on a rare 1931 OM-28 model originally owned by Mike Seeg...Read More
Based on the rare 1931 OM-28 owned by folk legend Mike Seeger.
- Martin Authentic VTS 1931 OM-28 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Introducing Martin's Vintage Tone System
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
This guitar shares Martin's significant 14-fret neck Orchestra Model innovation and is based on a rare 1931 OM-28 model originally owned by Mike Seeger. The specifications have been closely followed with the following exceptions: Madagascar rosewood replaces the rarer Brazilian rosewood, vintage gloss finish and torrefied Adirondack spruce top and braces - Martin's Vintage Tone System (VTS) - used to replicate the aged appearance and tonality of the 1931 original.
- Construction: Solid Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Rosette: Style 28 (Authentic 1921/31)
- Top Bracing Pattern: OM-28 Authentic 1931
- Top Braces: VTS Adirondack Spruce 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars Circa 1931
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28 Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid (Narrow 1931 Shape)
- Endpiece Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood with Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Fine Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Madagascar Rosewood with Maple Fiber
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1931 Barrel and Heel
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1931 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- # of Frets Clear: 14
- # of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12TH Fret: 2-1/4"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamond & Squares - Short Pattern Golden Era
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back and Sides: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly with Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel with Butterbean Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge and End Pins: Ivory Colored Poly with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 533V Harptone
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: none
Order this special Martin today!