- Product 520068
Martin Car Talk Special Edition Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin Car Talk Click and Clack Special Edition is a classic dreadnought guitar, featuring solid tonewoods, an Engelmann spruce top, East Indian ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A classic dreadnought with quirky inlays and sassy tone.
The Martin Car Talk Click and Clack Special Edition is a classic dreadnought guitar, featuring solid tonewoods, an Engelmann spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides, a low profile neck with diamond volute, and an African ebony fingerboard and belly bridge. The Martin Car Talk acoustic has a rosette in abalone pearl that is matched by a colorful mosaic backstrip and both the nut and saddle are crafted from genuine bone.
Cartoonist and illustrator Bill Morrison, responsible for much of the artwork on the award-winning Car Talk website, created some amusing designs for this unique musical instrument. The fun begins on the polished ebony headplate, with a mother-of-pearl inlay of Click and Clack in a dilapidated car trailing parts down the fret board. Those parts and tools ” also inlaid in mother-of-pearl with thin pearl borders ” serve as the fingerboard position markers: fender at the 3rd fret, muffler at the 5th fret, muffler pipe at the 7th fret, battery at the 9th fret, tire at the 12th fret and wrench at the 15th fret. Tom and Ray Magliozzi's signatures appear in pearl at the 20th fret.
At the headstock, the Martin Car Talk guitar has chrome enclosed tuners that are equipped with unique custom cast Car Talk buttons ” featuring a car similar to the one on the headplate. The Delmar pickguard is also unique, as it bears a printed version of the classic Car Talk credits that run at the end of the show. Aging toner gives the top vintage character under Martin's flawless polished gloss body finish. The guitar neck receives a satin finish for playing comfort.
Each C.F. Martin Car Talk Click and Clack Special Edition guitar features two interior labels: one personally signed by Tom and Ray Magliozzi, numbered in sequence, and with recognition for Car Talk's "Esteemed Producer," Doug Berman and Dewey, Cheetham & Howe, and the second incorporating imagery of Car Talk credits and a Car Talk Puzzler.
- Model: Car Talk Special Edition
- Label: 2 Labels, 1 Signed By Tom & Ray Magliozzi, Numbered In Sequence With No Total, 2nd With Photo Of Tom & Ray Magliozzi
- Construction: Standard, Mahogany Blocks, Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Engelmann Spruce
- Top Braces: Sitka, Scalloped 5/16''
- Pattern: Domle #3a
- Bridge Plate: Maple
- Top Binding: 6/32'' Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone
- Rosette: Style 45
- Pearl Inlay: .064'' Select Abalone
- Pickguard: Black PVC With Car Talk Credits Artwork, Pattern 2B (D45 Style)
- Back: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Purfling: Style 45
- Back Binding: 6/32'' Grained Ivoroid
- Back Inlay: .0325'' B Boltaron
- Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Side Inlay: .0325'' Black And White Boltaron
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: .0325'' Black And White Boltaron
- Neck: Genuine Mahogany- 10/4 With Wings
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Headstock: Solid/6 String Diamond/Square Taper
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid With .0325'' B/W Inlay
- Nut: Bone
- Headplate: Black Ebony
- Headplate Decal: Large Old Style
- Headplate Pearl: Click And Clack Cartoon
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Chrome With ''Gold Bug'' Car Theme Knobs
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Radius: 16''
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Width At 12 Fret: 2-1/4''
- Frets Clear: 14
- Total Frets: 20
- Pearl Inlay: Assorted Car Related Pearl Inlays At 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th And 15th Frets
- Additional Fingerboard Inlay: Tom And Ray Signatures In Mother-Of-Pearl Between 19th & 20th Frets
- Side Dots: White Boltaron
- Side Dot Position: One At 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, Two At 12th, One At 15th & 17th Frets
- Finish Body Package: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Finish Neck Package: Satin
- Bridge: Black Ebony
- Style: Standard Belly
- String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Strings: MSP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge Pins: Black Ebony With Abalone Pearl Dots
- End Pin: Black Ebony With Abalone Pearl Dot
- Case: Special 545E Cabernet Case With Nickel Hardware & Car Talk June 2008 Massachusetts License Plate