- Product 513372
Martin Cowboy V Limited Edition Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
While the Cowboy V guitar is a fun and wonderful novelty, it is first and foremost a real Martin guitar. And as with all Martin guitars, tone, playab...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
While the Cowboy V guitar is a fun and wonderful novelty, it is first and foremost a real Martin guitar. And as with all Martin guitars, tone, playability, and quality are integral to its design.
The body is a compact 0 size, similar to our traditional tenor design. An adjustable, modified low profile 14-fret neck (23" scale) was selected for easy playability. Gotoh Cosmo Black tuning machines with embossed C.F. Marti logo are chosen for precision and appearance.
The Felix III makes use of Martin's highly advanced X technology, with a HPL (high pressure laminate) back and textured HPL sides. The top, also of durable HPL material, is reinforced with crowned cross brace and a Graphite Bowtie plate. Fingerboard and bridge are crafted of black Micarta, an excellent and environmentally friendly alternative to ebony. Nut and compensated saddle are shaped from Black Corian and TUSQ material, respectively.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck joint
- Body size: 0 - 14 Fret
- Top: Custom Design by Robert Armstrong on HPL
- Rosette: None
- Top bracing pattern: Modified X Series X
- Top braces: Crowned Cross Brace & Graphite Bowtie Plate
- Back material: Crosswalk Pattern HPL
- Back purfling: none
- Side material: Crosswalk Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece inlay: None
- Binding: None
- Top inlay style: None
- Side inlay: None
- Back inlay: None
- Neck material: Natural Stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard material: Black Micarta
- Scale length: 23"
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/16''
- Fingerboard position inlays: None
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: None
- Finish top: None
- Finish neck: None
- Bridge material: Black Micarta
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" radius/Compensated/Black TUSQ
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Cosmo Black
- Recommended strings: Martin M550 Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: Black
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Padded Gigbag
- Interior label: Numbered in sequence with total (500)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I gotta admit, at first I was a little taken back about this guitar being made of HPL and produced in Mexico rather than Nazareth, Pa. as most Martins are, but I thought it looked unique so I took a chance on it. Yesterday it arrived and I was very pleased with it. It has a smaller body than a full sized guitar but the tone it produced was that of a guitar costing hundreds more. It's not as loud as a full size but it's not too low either. Perfect for sitting around the house or on the patio and playing. The action came set low already and the fingerboard, although not real wood, is very comfortable to play ! The cowboy image on the body is a plus and looks great hanging on my wall.If this is going to be your only guitar, I wouldn't recommend it. Get yourself a full sized dreadnaught, but as an extra guitar for your home just to have fun with, the tonal ranges and ease of playability make this one a winner ! Give it a try, you wont be dissapointed !