- Product H80802
Martin CS-D18-12 Custom Series Dreadnought 6-String Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Inspired by a 1929 Ditson 111 that resides in the C.F. Martin museum, the CS-D18-12 is a 12 fret dreadnought with a body constructed of mahogany recl...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A gorgeous 12-fret dreadnought made with sinker mahogany from Belize and topped with Adirondack Spruce.
Inspired by a 1929 Ditson 111 that resides in the C.F. Martin museum, the CS-D18-12 is a 12 fret dreadnought with a body constructed of mahogany reclaimed from rivers in Belize. Commonly referred to as "sinker mahogany," these logs sank to the bottom of a river that was used to transport them and have been lost for over 100 years. Hot hide glue was used to construct these instruments which also boast a T-bar trussrod, slotted headstock and Adirondack spruce top. Also included on the CS-D18-12 and new for 2012 is the Custom Shop Thin Finish package. This nitrocellulose finish is 40% thinner than the standard C.F. Martin nitrocellulose finish. Only 75 of these instruments will be made for the world in 2012. Includes case.
- D-14 size
- Solid Adirondack spruce top
- Solid Sinker mahogany back and sides
- Standard ''X'' scalloped top bracing
- Solid black ebony fingerboard
- Includes case
Put yourself behind this wonderful dreadnought. Order today.
- Model: CS-D18-12
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Golden Era Style)
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Sinker Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Side Material: Solid Sinker Mahogany
- Endpiece: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Top Inlay Style: Maple/Black Fiber
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Special Shape / Hand Carved
- Nut Material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Slotted/Round Slots/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 12
- Number of Frets Total: 19
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Abalone Dots
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss / Thin Finish
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss / Thin Finish
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Pyramid w/ Drop-In Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel Open-Gear w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Fossilized Ivory w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: Geib style - Custom Shop
- Interior Label: None