- H92883 000001000 H92883000001000
Martin Custom 00-42SC John Mayer Signature Edition Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Custom 00-42SC John Mayer Signature Edition Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar is a "00" 12-fret boasting solid cocobolo sides, back and hea...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Increased power, sustain and volume in a design that harkens back to classic Martins of the stagecoach era.
- The Martin Archives
- Martin Custom Signature Edition 00-42SC John Mayer Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The Custom 00-42SC John Mayer Signature Edition Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar is a "00" 12-fret boasting solid cocobolo sides, back and headplate, a solid sitka spruce top, gorgeous "42" style appointments, and is inspired by the 00-45SC built in collaboration with John Mayer in 2012. The "SC" stands for stagecoach, harkening back to an era when guitars were taken on trains, wagons, and horses for bringing people together in song. Other accouterments include grained ivoroid binding on the endpiece, solid black ebony pyramid with drop-in saddle bridge, Waverly brass open-geared with small ivoroid button tuning machines, a Delmar tortoise color pickguard, and a polished gloss finish. The interior label is signed by the Grammy Award-winning artist. Comes with a custom case.
- Body type: 00-12 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Cocobolo
- Bracing pattern: Standard X Scalloped (Golden Era Style)
- Body finish: Polished Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modded V
- Nut width: 1.875" (47.62mm)
- Fingerboard: Solid Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Select Hardwood
- Scale length: 24.9"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Polished gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Cocobolo
- Tuning machines: Waverly brass open-geared with small ivoroid
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony pyramid with drop-in saddle
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Autographed
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: United States
Pick up this exceptionally built guitar today. Order now!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Build Quality
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
Comments about Martin Custom 00-42SC John Mayer Signature Edition Grand Concert Acoustic Guitar:
Sounds amazing, plays like you wouldnt believe. My only problems are that it might be a little small for some people. I mean it is a stage coach but its size might not be for everyone. Also its way overpriced. I think that if Martin had made this same guitar and left out all the cool inlays and sold it for 3 or 4 thousand, everyone would buy it. But not at this price.