- Product J06949
Martin Custom CS00S14 Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The CS-00S-14 is a premium "Style 42" 12-fret slotted-head fingerstyle model crafted with rare Honduras rosewood back and sides for incredible resona...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Limited to a run of 114, this is your chance to get a high-quality Martin hybrid with rare tonewoods and quality electronics.
The CS-00S-14 is a premium "Style 42" 12-fret slotted-head fingerstyle model crafted with rare Honduras rosewood back and sides for incredible resonance, sustain, and tone. Honduran rosewood is celebrated among the guitar building community as a replacement for rare and expensive Brazilian rosewood. To accompany this beautiful wood, the top is made of a torrefied (temperature aged) Swiss spruce. Martins temperature aging process ages the top and allows it to resonate and sing like the vintage Martins of the Golden Era.
The cell structure of the Swiss spruce matches that of the tops of the best-sounding vintage models observed by the Martin team. On the first strum you will hear crystal-clear treble, balanced mids, and a defined, punchy bottom end unlike any guitar you've played. Lightly play the instrument and it will come alive with a sonic pallet that is sure to excite the most advanced player. The instrument also features a new ultra lightweight non-adjustable carbon fiber neck reinforcement for stability and an increase in sustain. And here is one feature you wont find on your vintage Martin: onboard electronics. The CS-00S-14 features the unobtrusive plug-and-play Fishman Aura VT electronics. The Aura VT gives you one sound image that closely replicates the sound of the CS-00S-14 being played into a world-class vintage microphone. Martin made only 114 of these exclusive instruments for the world. Inventory is limited, so call the experts at Private Reserve to select one of these truly amazing instruments.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Body Size: 00-12 Fret
- Top: Torrefied Swiss Spruce
- Rosette: 3 Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Golden Era Style)
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid Honduras Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45 - Golden Era
- Side Material: Solid Honduras Rosewood
- Endpiece: Solid Cocobolo
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Binding: Solid Cocobolo
- Top Inlay Style: Style 42
- Back Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Slotted/Square Slots/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony
- Heelcap: Solid Cocobolo
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- Number of Frets Clear: 12Number of Frets Total: 19
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-13/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-5/16''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Concave Diamond Design - Orange/Red Spiney Recon Stone/Solid Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding: Solid Cocobolo
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Pyramid with Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Grand Tuners with Butterbean Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martins SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP 7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone with Paua Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: none
- Case: Geib Style - Custom Shop
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: Fishman Aura VT
Get yours before they're all gone. Order today!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Martin Custom CS00S14 Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
I own several Martin guitars as well as others.
This guitar has the richest sound of any guitar I have ever played.