- Product H83183
Martin Custom D-42 Madagascar Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Drawing the inspiration from the amazing sound of Martin's Golden Era dreadnought guitars, Musician's Friend's Private Reserve team has collaborated ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Massive tone and vintage style come together in this beautifully crafted instrument.
Drawing the inspiration from the amazing sound of Martin's Golden Era dreadnought guitars, Musician's Friend's Private Reserve team has collaborated with the Martin Custom Shop to create spectacular instruments which replicate some of the most sought-after instruments ever. This Custom Madagascar D-42 is completely hand-built by the folks at the Martin custom shop. To create that vintage sound we selected a premium Italian Alpine top, with pre-1939 forward-shifted, scalloped braces. The back and sides are crafted from premium Madagascar rosewood to add a balanced, punchy bass, along with a sparkle to the mids and highs. The instrument is bound with grained ivoroid binding to complement the beautiful pearl inlay on the top, fingerboard, and Madagascar headplate. To further attain that vintage tone, this premium custom instrument was constructed using all vintage hide glue which acts as though it is part of the wood and not just an adhesive. To complete the package, this custom D-42 Madagascar includes a vintage Geib-style 545E Cabernet hardshell case.
- Hide Glue Bridge, Neck, Braces, Top and Back to Body - Custom Certificate
- Construction: Standard; Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Italian Alpine Spruce
- Top Grade: 5-6
- Top Braces: Sitka/Scalloped 5/16''
- Pattern: DOMLE #3A / (1'' From Soundhole)
- Top Binding: 11/64'' Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay: .049'' B/W/B Boltaron/.066'' Poly/ .049''B/W/B Boltaron
- Top Pearl: Style 42- .064'' Select Abalone Pearl (Mitered Corners)
- Rosette: Style 45
- Pearl Inlay: Select Abalone Pearl
- Pickguard: Delmar, Faux Tortoise 3071, Self-Ad, Pattern 2B (D45 Style)
- Back: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Panels: Two-pc.
- Purfling: Style 45
- Center Strip/Loc. Stamp: Sitka Spruce Standard(CF Martin & Co Nazareth PA Made in USA Btwn 1st/2nd Brace)
- Back Binding: 11/64'' Grained Ivoroid
- Back Inlay: .0325'' B/W Boltaron
- Sides: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: .0325'' B/W Boltaron
- Block: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck: Genuine Mahogany- 12/4
- Neck shape: Low Profile
- Headstock: Solid/6 String Diamond/Square Taper
- Truss rod: 2-Way Adjustable 356mm
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Nut: Bone
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Headplate Bind: Grained Ivoroid
- Headplate Inlay: .0325 B/W Boltaron
- Headplate Pearl: C.F. Martin Block, Abalone Pearl
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Gold with Butterbean Knobs
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Radius: 16''
- Scale Length: 25.340'' (25.4'')
- Width at Nut: Bound 1-11/16"
- Width at 12 Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fret Wire: G300
- Frets Clear: 14
- Total Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Bind: Grained Ivoroid/Mitered
- Pearl Inlay: Style 42 Snowflakes (Abalone)
- Side Dots: Black Boltaron, .063
- Side Dot Position: One at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, Two at 12th, One at 15th & 17th Frets
- Finish Type: Gloss/Satin Neck
- Finsh Body: Non-Catalyzed Gloss/ Dark Filler
- Finish Top: Non-Catalyzed Gloss/Clear
- Finish Neck: Non-Catalyzed Satin/ Dark Mahogany Stain/ Dark Filler/Polished HP
- Bridge: Black Ebony
- Style: Standard Belly
- String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Electronics: None
- Strings: LifeSPan MSP 7200 Medium Strings
- Bridge Pins: White with Abalone Pearl Dot
- Case: Geib-style 545E Cabernet hardshell case
Order today and you'll never regret it.