- Product J09664
Martin Custom HD28V Madagascar Rosewood Back and Sides Acoustic Guitar 1933 Sunburst
- Write a Review
Drawing the inspiration from the amazing sound of Martin's Golden Era dreadnought guitars, Musician's Friend's Private Reserve team works closely wit...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Golden Era dreadnought reimagined for the modern player.
Drawing the inspiration from the amazing sound of Martin's Golden Era dreadnought guitars, Musician's Friend's Private Reserve team works closely with the Martin Custom Shop to create spectacular guitars, which replicate some of the most sought-after instruments ever. This instrument testament to that collaboration and was conceived with the dreadnought connoisseur in mind. It's an exquisite hand-built Custom Shop instrument that's noteworthy because it has the appearance of a '30s era guitar, but functions and performs like a '40s era dreadnought.
The "1933 sunburst", a.k.a. the "Chris Hillman" burst gives it the look; the post-1939 bracing (non-forward shifted) gives it the tonal character and response. For you flatpickers, you know this is great for fast runs and a little less boom when recording or playing on stage into a microphone. What also makes this model special is that the premium Madagascar rosewood was carefully selected by hand to be reminiscent of best vintage examples. And to complete the '30s vibe, note the diamond and square inlays (long pattern).
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Construction: Standard, Mahogany blocks, dovetail neck joint
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Top Grade: 5-6
- Top Braces: Adirondack/Scalloped 5/16"/Standard
- Top Binding: 6/32" Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone - D Size
- Top Pearl: None
- Additional Top Inlay: None
- Rosette: Style 28 (Boltaron)
- Pearl Inlay: None
- Additional Rosette Inlay: Inner/Outer BW/B/BW/B
- Pickguard: PG, Faux Tortoise
- Pearl Inlay: None
- Back: Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Panels: 2-piece
- Purfling: Authentic style HD zigzag
- Center strip: Sitka spruce standard
- Back binding: 6/32" Grained Ivoroid
- Back Inlay: .0325" B/W Boltaron (Black faces binding)
- Back Pearl: None
- Additional back inlay: None
- Sides: Madagascar rosewood
- Side inlay: None
- Side pearl: None
- Additional side inlay: None
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece inlay: .0325" B/W Boltaron
- Endpiece pearl: None
- Additional pearl inlay: None
- Block: Solid genuine mahogany
- Tag/Plate: None
- Rear: D Mahogany
- Front: D-14 Fret adjustable mahogany
- Neck: Genuine mahogany - 12/4
- Neck shape: Mod V
- Headstock: Solid/6 String Diamond/SquareTaper
- Back/head stamp: None
- Truss rod: 2-Way Adjustable 356mm
- Heelcap: Grained ivoroid
- Nut: Bone
- On Angle/Flat: Flat
- Headplate: Madagascar Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Nickel Open Geared with Butterbean Knobs
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Radius: 16"
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Width at nut: 1-11/16 (1.688)
- Width at 12 fret: 2-1/8"
- Fret wire: German G300, Un-notched 1-11/16"
- Frets clear: 14
- Total fret: 20
- Fingerboard bind: None
- Fingerboard inlay: None
- Pearl inlay: Diamond & Shapes, Long Pattern (Paua) Golden Era
- Additional FB inlay: None
- Side dots: White Boltaron
- Side dot positions: One at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, two at 12th, one at 15th, 17th
- Finish type: Gloss/Satin Neck
- Finsih body: Non-catalyzed gloss/rosewood filler
- Finish top: Non-catalyzed gloss/1933 Chris Hillman Sunburst
- Finish neck: Catalyzed 15 Sheen Satin/Dark Mahogany Stain/Rosewood Filler
- Bridge: Black Ebony
- Style: Vintage Belly-Drop in long saddle
- Pearl inlay: None
- Additional BR inlay: None
- String spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" radius/bone-Drop in long saddle
- Strap button: None
- Strings: Martin MSP7200
- Bridge pin: Bone with black dots, 3mm
- End pin: Bone with black dot, 4mm
Get your hands on this special Martin with a quick call or click today.