- Product 513361
Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 Guitar replicates the specifications, materials, and processes used in the construction of the original pre-WWII D-18....Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Rich in tradition with the timeless tone of Adirondack spruce.
The Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 Guitar replicates the specifications, materials, and processes used in the construction of the original pre-WWII D-18. This hand-constructed model draws its inspiration from a stellar 1937 example and employs the use of hide glue as well as vintage "T" bar neck reinforcement. Other significant features on the dreadnought include an Adirondack spruce top with circa 1937 sculpted Adirondack bracing, a nitrate tortoise colored pickguard, Old Style 18 position inlays, black Boltaron bindings, black ebony fingerboard and bridge, fossil ivory nut and saddle, ebony bridge pins and a vintage style case.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top bracing pattern: Standard X Scalloped (Circa 1937 Style), Forward shifted
- Top braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back material: Solid Genuine Mahogany w/Original Braces
- Back purfling: Solid Brazilian Rosewood Strip
- Side material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Tortoise color in a narrow 1937 shape
- Endpiece inlay: None
- Binding: Black Boltaron
- Top inlay style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side inlay: None
- Back inlay: None
- Neck material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck shape: Unique Contour
- Nut material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Brazilian Rosewood w/Large Golden Era Style
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2 1/4''
- Fingerboard position inlays: Old Style 18
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish top: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Finish neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge style: 1930 Style Belly-Long Saddle
- Bridge string spacing: 2 5/16''
- Saddle: 16" radius/ Long Fossil Ivory
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared w/ Oval Buttons
- Recommended strings: Martin M550 Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: Solid Black Ebony
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: V18A Vintage Style
- Interior label: None
- Electronics: None