- Product J12008
Martin D-18 Sycamore Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
With this guitar, C.F. Martin & Co. celebrates 50 years of guitar manufacturing at their Sycamore Street location. This unique dreadnought 14-fre...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Special aging process makes it look and feel broken in for an out-of-the-box, ready-to-go playing experience.
With this guitar, C.F. Martin & Co. celebrates 50 years of guitar manufacturing at their Sycamore Street location. This unique dreadnought 14-fret guitar has solid sycamore back and sides married with a torrefied Sitka spruce top. Torrefaction accelerates the natural aging process, which in turn gives the guitar the appearance and warmth of an aged guitar. The modified low oval profile neck with a Performing Artist taper is also made of solid sycamore. Production of this guitar will be limited to 50. Includes hardshell case.
- Construction: Mahogany blocks/Dovetail neck joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Torrefied Sitka spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid sycamore
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid sycamore
- Endpiece: Tortoise brown
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Tortoise brown
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White boltaron
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Solid sycamore
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian rosewood with large Old Style logo
- Heelcap: Tortoise brown
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - Green Abalone
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back and Sides: Polished gloss
- Finish Top: Polished gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly with drop-in saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared with Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge and End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color - Beveled and polished
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV - Numbered in Sequence with No Total
Order one of these sycamore specials before they're all gone! Click or call today!