More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J21074 000001000 J21074000001000
Martin D-28 Authentic Series 1941 with VTS Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Here to remind you why you fell in love with Martin's in the first place, the Martin Authentics, like this D-28 1941 are constructed the old way - wi...Read More
Period-correct detailing and old school-style construction make this new take on a 1931 classic worth every penny.
Here to remind you why you fell in love with Martin's in the first place, the Martin Authentics, like this D-28 1941 are constructed the old way - with hide glue throughout, and historically accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1941 D-28 in their museum, this guitar features Madagascar rosewood back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, and authentic 1941 D-28 appointments, right down to the neck barrel, heel, diamond, head taper, and slots. Martins Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
The Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martins craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: VTS Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: VTS Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1941 - Rear Shifted
- Body finish: Vintage Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Authentic 1941 Barrel & Heel
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Waverly Nickel 1129 wth Oval Knobs
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Martin Vintage Tone System
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Not applicable
- Country of origin: United States
Order this high-quality Martin today!