- Product 501672
Martin D-28 Museum Edition 1941 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
This Martin D-28 Museum Edition is an acoustic guitar constructed to the exact dimensions of the 1941 D-28 (Serial #79103) on display in the Martin M...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A Martin guitar collectors dream.
This Martin D-28 Museum Edition is an acoustic guitar constructed to the exact dimensions of the 1941 D-28 (Serial #79103) on display in the Martin Museum. The D-28 Museum Edition 1941 Acoustic Guitar blends Authentic Series construction with Marquis Series tonewoods. Solid Adirondack red spruce is carefully bookmatched for the top, and solid Madagascar rosewood is used for the headplate, back, and sides. Martin includes a Harptone case with the D-28 Museum Edition 1941 Guitar.
Everything from the X-style, solid Adirondack spruce scalloped bracing to the HD Zig-Zag pattern rosewood back adhere meticulously to the classic Martin pre-war style. Like the original D-28, the Museum Edition is constructed using hide glue and a non-adjustable T-bar neck. For the guitarist or collector with a passion for this timeless Martin guitar design, it doesn't any better than this.
- Model: D-28 Museum Edition 1941
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) - Circa 1941
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag (Circa 1937)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1941 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Solid/1941 Diamond/1941 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares- Long Pattern Golden Era
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly with Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Fossilized Ivory
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel with Oval Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Medium Phosphor Bronze (M550)
- Bridge & End Pins: Antique White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color - Beveled (Under Finish)
- Case: 545V Harptone
- Interior Label: None
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Martin D-28 Museum Edition 1941 Acoustic Guitar:
This guitar is Great Value, for such a well built guitar.. Unbelieveable quality... Sound is AMAZING....