- Product 513316
Martin D-28CW (Clarence White) Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
This special edition Martin D-28 acoustic guitar was designed with special features inspired by country and bluegrass master Clarence White.Martin Sp...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Designed with special features inspired by country and bluegrass master Clarence White.
This special edition Martin D-28 acoustic guitar was designed with special features inspired by country and bluegrass master Clarence White.
Martin Special Editions are just that: specially-designed guitars built for specific playing styles or designed with special features inspired by well-known artists, luthiers, dealers and collectors. These instruments are unique and often built with special woods and appointments that do not "fit" the Martin Standard Series or other distinct instrument groupings.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 28 - B/W Wood Fiber
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D-OMLE Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Solid Adirondack Spruce/ Scalloped 5/16'' Golden Era
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood with Sitka Golden Era Braces
- BACK PURFLING: HD Zig Zag
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: B/W Wood Fiber
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Fine Herringbone
- SIDE INLAY: none
- BACK INLAY: B/W Wood Fiber
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Long Diamond/Tapered
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Golden Era Style Logo
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 21
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: none
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss Aging Toner
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly- Long Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Waverly Nickel w/ Butterbean Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Pattern Unique to D-28CW and D-28CWB Guitar
- CASE: 545
D-28CW (Clarence White) Acoustic Guitar
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I got this from a local shop here in Carlsbad by trading in an electric I no longer played. The d-28CW is a bit different from the standard d-28 I tried. The neck is a bit narrower and seems more designed for strumming, the soft v-back is thick compared to my Taylor, and feels great (but it's softer v than on standard d-28). Also the string spread is narrower, it feels like a gibson electic would. The lareger sound hole really does bring out the mids. I love this guitar - it is insanley beautiful, feels and sounds just fantastic. Is it worth the price? hmmmm don't know about that. I will say for loud strumming and rythme work I couldn't find a better guitar and I tied A LOT of them, and I had a nice budget to work with. The d-28cw truley is one fine guitar and one I'll have it for 30+ years before I pass it on to my yet-to-be-born kids.. Really a nice piece of art and musical equipment all in one.