- Product J17995
Martin D-41 Purple Martin Left-Handed Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The purple martin is the largest North American swallow and produces sounds that have been described as œthroaty and rich, much like the limited edi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Classic D-14 body adorned with an attractive fingerboard and pickguard inlay motif inspired by the largest American swallow it's named after.
The purple martin is the largest North American swallow and produces sounds that have been described as œthroaty and rich, much like the limited edition guitar that bears its name. A favorite theme of CEO & Chairman Chris Martin, this 2015 version is the second in a series of Purple Martin Limited Editions. The black pickguard as well as the ebony fingerboard and bridge are all inlaid with a dramatic Purple Martin motif.
Features include richly colored cocobolo back, sides, and headplate, a premium grade Adirondack spruce soundboard with scalloped 5/16 width Martin X-bracing, and Style 41 inlay around the perimeter of the top and circumference of the rosette. With no more than 50 produced, each D-41 Purple Martin will bear an interior label personally signed by C. F. Martin IV and numbered in sequence with the edition total. Includes case.
- LEFT-HANDED VERSION
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped (Golden Era Style) - Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16"
- Back Material: Solid Cocobolo
- Back Purfling: Style 45 Golden Era with 18 Style Black Fiber on each Side
- Side Material: Solid Cocobolo
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Style 41 - Abalone Pearl with Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval with Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Cocobolo
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8"
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Purple Martin Theme
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony with Purple Martin Inlay
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open-Geared with Engraved Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone with Paua Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Black Acrylic with Purple Martin Inlay
- Case: 545E Slate Gray
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV, Numbered in Sequence with Total (50)
Join the Martin family. Order today!