- Product 517678
Martin D-42 Peter Frampton Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin D-42 Peter Frampton Signature Edition Acoustic Guitar features a superb combination of solid tonewoods for big, balanced dreadnought tone....Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
"Frampton's Camel" Signature Edition.
The Martin D-42 Peter Frampton Signature Edition Acoustic Guitar features a superb combination of solid tonewoods for big, balanced dreadnought tone. The Adirondack spruce top is reinforced with scalloped, forward-shifted 5/16" Adirondack spruce braces and matched to a back and sides of East Indian rosewood. The 1-11/16" (at the nut) low profile neck is genuine mahogany. Headplate, bridge and fingerboard are African black ebony.
Classic Martin Style 42 and Style 45 appointments abound, including colorful abalone purfling around the top, fingerboard extension and rosette; black/white fine line purfling on the sides, back, endpiece, heelcap, neck, and headstock; and grained ivoroid binding throughout (fingerboard and headstock included). A colorful Style 45 mosaic backstrip bisects the back, and original Style 42 (beginning at the 5th fret) snowflake position markers accent the fingerboard. Gold-plated Waverly tuners with ivoroid butterbean knobs grace the polished headstock and a tortoise-color polished and beveled pickguard protects the guitar's top. The body of the instrument is finished in flawless polished gloss, with vintage toner on the top to enhance its vintage look; satin finish on the neck provides exceptional player comfort.
To acknowledge the "Frampton's Camel" connection, a small camel in mother of pearl nestles beneath the Old Style Martin gold decal logo on the headplate. Peter Frampton's signature in mother of pearl appears at the base of the fingerboard between the 19th and 20th frets. Pearl-inlaid bridge and endpins for this guitar are fashioned from genuine camel bone. The "Frampton's Camel" logo is etched on the neck block and also appears as a watermark on each guitar's interior label, which is personally signed by Peter Frampton and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV and numbered in sequence with the Signature Edition total. Comes with a Geib style hardshell case.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D-OMLE Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Solid Adirondack Spruce Scalloped 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Abalone Pearl with Multiple Black/White Fiber Inlays
- SIDE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: Solid Black Ebony /Camel Inlay /Large Old Style (Less Est. 1833)
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid with Black/White Boltaron
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 42 Snowflake w/ Peter Frampton Signature
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss w/ Vintage Toner
- FINISH NECK: Satin/ Polished Headplate
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Waverly Gold w/ Ivoroid Butterbean Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Camel Bone w/ Select Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color Beveled and Polished
- CASE: 545
- INTERIOR LABEL: Signed by CFM IV & Peter Frampton
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I found a mint / new condition Martin D-42 Peter Frampton "Camel". Only 76 Manufactured. It is a HOSS ! Aside from all the "Frampton frills" on the guitar it is still just a D-42. But the one I have was born with a sound that exceeds Martins usual quality. Very impressive and beautiful to boot.