- Product 517687
Martin D-45 Koa Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin D-45 Koa Acoustic Guitar, with highly flamed Hawaiian koa back and sides, combines the extraordinary beauty of this rare and cherished woo...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Extraordinary beauty combined with power, projection, and balanced tonality.
The Martin D-45 Koa Acoustic Guitar, with highly flamed Hawaiian koa back and sides, combines the extraordinary beauty of this rare and cherished wood with the power, projection and balanced tonality of Martin's 14-fret dreadnought design. With bass response slightly less than East Indian Rosewood and treble response slightly less than genuine mahogany, koa produces a beautifully balanced, clear tone that is only outshined by the beauty of its honey rippled grain. The D-45 Koa shares appointments with Martin's top-of-the-line D-45.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: DOM
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid Highly FIgured Koa
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Highly Flamed Koa
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Abalone Pearl with Multiple Black/White Fiber Inlays
- SIDE INLAY: Abalone Pearl with Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: Abalone Pearl with Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: East Indian Rosewood /C.F. Martin Block- Select Pearl
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 45 Abalone Hexagon
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Gold w/Large Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color Beveled and Polished
- CASE: 545
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
The finest sounding and best looking guitar I have owned. It has a mellow sound that soothes the soul. No dead spots anywhere - all strings are equally represented. Perfect intonation at any fret. Light as a feather. The flame in the Koa is like a hologram - it appears to be raised but of course it is not. Don't think twice - buy it.
In todays market there are many choices for top-end quality guitars. Both large name and small-production luthiers produce some amazing musical tools. In my opinion, the investment-grade quality, sound, and performance of the Martin D-45 series instrument remains the king of the hill. Like other musicians, I had choices and decisions to make related to my purchase. After reviewing the facts, the sound, and the performance along side several other manufacturers, I purchased the D-45. Absolutely no regrets.Although I would have preferred a Brazillian Rosewood side and back, I determined that my eyes will likely work longer than my ears in old age and my budget would be significantly strained if I purchased that model. To this end I purchased my D-45 with Hawaiian Koa Wood. Again, absolutely no regrets. If anything happened to my D-45 Koa, I would replace it in a heartbeat.