- Product 520079
Martin D Muninga 08 000 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Muninga is a rich, exotic wood found in various regions of Africa. The Martin D Muninga 08 Dreadnought, a limited edition of only 17 acoustic guitars...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Distinct tone from exotic muninga wood.
Muninga is a rich, exotic wood found in various regions of Africa. The Martin D Muninga 08 Dreadnought, a limited edition of only 17 acoustic guitars, features Forest Stewardship Council-certified Muninga back and sides, a certified 4-piece Adirondack spruce top and forward-shifted 5/16" scalloped X braces in the Golden Era style. Katalox, another fine tonewood, is used for the first time by Martin to fashion a 1930s style belly bridge with glued-in long saddle. Vintage-style grained ivoroid is used for binding as well as unique diamond & square inlays on the katalox fingerboard. Bone is used to fabricate the guitar's nut, saddle, and bridge pins. With old-style cloth reinforcement strips, Gotoh open-geared tuners with butterbean knobs, and a 1935-era sunburst finish, this special Martin D 000 acoustic guitar is as beautiful and distinctive visually as it is tonally.
- Model: D Muninga 08
- Construction: Certified Mahogany Blocks, Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Certified Adirondack Spruce (4-Piece)
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted (Golden Era Style)
- Top Braces: Solid Certified Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Certified Muninga
- Back Purfling: Grained Ivoroid
- Side Material: Solid Certified Muninga
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Certified Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid, Long Diamond, Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Certified Muninga, Golden Era Style
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Certified Katalox
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares Long Pattern Golden Era, Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With 1935 Sunburst
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Certified Katalox
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly With Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius, Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared With Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Medium Phosphor Bronze (MSP4200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone With Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color