- Product 513315
Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The new Martin HD7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition Acoustic Guitar represents one of the most unusual instruments in Signature Series history. Featur...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Unique Roger McGuinn 7-String model with extraordinary tone.
The new Martin HD7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition Acoustic Guitar represents one of the most unusual instruments in Signature Series history. Featuring a doubled G-string, with the second string tuned an octave higher, the HD7 guitar captures McGuinn's signature "jingle-jangle" 12-string sound, but also offers the versatility to handle single-string runs, leads and bends. The extra power that the double-G lends to the mid-range sound is startling to both the player and the listener, and playing the 7-string is intuitive without requiring any special fingering.
Both headstock and bridge on this unique dreadnought Signature Edition are modified to handle the extra string. Seven gold Schaller tuners with ebony buttons installed asymmetrically on the solid, squared headstock -- three on the bass side and four on the treble side -- provide smooth, easy tuning. The belly bridge features a distinctive point under the seventh string, a "dropped" seventh string anchor and special 2.225" string spacing. A 1-3/4" neck width at the nut provides plenty of room for the extra string and playing comfort similar to a standard six-string guitar.
The Roger McGuinn Signature Edition Guitar features classic Martin quality throughout. The solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, and forward-shifted scalloped top braces assure rich, powerful tone. A Style 45 abalone pearl rosette surrounds the soundhole, and a Style 45 multicolored strip accents the bookmatched back. Bold herringbone purfling encircles the top, black/white fine line purfling embellishes the sides and back, and all three are bound in grained ivoroid.
The genuine mahogany modified V neck features a polished East Indian rosewood headplate on which "C. F. Martin" is inlaid in Style 45 block letters. The black African ebony fingerboard showcases Style 45 abalone hexagon position markers, with a subtle number "7" inlaid into the first hexagonal fret marker in mother of pearl. Roger McGuinn's signature is inlaid between the 19th and 20th frets. Both headplate and fingerboard are bound in grained ivoroid inset with mitered black/white line inlays. The grained ivoroid heelcap and endpiece likewise are accented with mitered back/white inlays.
The HD7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition's top is tinted with vintage toner and protected by a polished tortoise-colored pickguard. Both the special nut and compensated saddle are fashioned from genuine bone. The body showcases a beautiful polished gloss finish, while the neck receives a satin finish.
Delivered in a Geib-style hardshell case, each HD7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition bears an interior numbered label signed by Roger McGuinn and Martin Chairman C.F. Martin IV.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D-OMLE Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Bold Herringbone
- SIDE INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Special Solid 7 String Diamond SquareTaper
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C. F. Martin, Block Abalone Pearl
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid with B/W Inlay
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/4''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 45 Hexagon
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss Vintage Toner
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly With 7th String Point
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: Special String Spacing
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Schaller Gold w/ Small Ebony Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze (Extra .010'' Gauge ''G'' String)
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color Beveled and Polished
- CASE: 545
- INTERIOR LABEL: Paper Label Signed By CFM IV & Roger McGuinn