- Product 517681
Martin JC Buddy Guy Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar combines Martin's J (Jumbo) body style -- like the Martin Buddy has played at acoustic concerts in recent years -- with...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
One of the most distinctive Signature Edition Martin has ever made!
The JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar combines Martin's J (Jumbo) body style -- like the Martin Buddy has played at acoustic concerts in recent years -- with a cutaway for big sound and easy access to the upper frets. The Sitka spruce top is reinforced with 5/16" scalloped braces for clear tone and impressive dynamic range. The sides and Style 35 three-piece back are richly colored East Indian rosewood. The low profile 1-11/16" (at the nut) neck is carved from genuine mahogany.
But it is the appointments that really set the JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar apart. Buddy likes polka dots on his guitars, and polka dots he got. The unique rosette features three five-ply black/white rings, the inner two flanking a ring of turquoise composite dots. Turquoise composite dot inlays also accent the black ebony belly bridge and the ebony bridge pins. The black ebony fingerboard provides the palette for a random "splash" of turquoise composite polka dots. Buddy Guy's "BG" initials serve as the position marker at the 12th fret, while mother of pearl dots, bordered in turquoise, mark the 5th, 7th, 9th and 15th frets. The black ebony headplate showcases the block letter "C. F. Martin" logo, also inlaid in turquoise composite.
This guitar showcases extraordinary purfling, even for a Signature Edition Martin. The top features seven-ply, differential width black/white purfling while the back is encircled by five-ply black/white fine line purfling. Black/white purfling accents the sides, endpiece, heelcap, headstock and fingerboard. To show off the purf ling to best advantage, the guitar is bound in grained ivoroid throughout: body, neck and headstock. A gloss finish on the body highlights the purfling; the neck sports a satin finish for playing comfort.
The JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar is factory equipped with Fishman VT electronics. To simplify "on the fly" adjustments in the tradition of electric blues, the volume and tone knobs are mounted on the top, just below the bridge and the polished and beveled black pickguard. Delivered in a Geib style hardshell case, each Martin JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar bears an interior label individually signed by Buddy Guy and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV and is numbered in sequence with the edition total.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: J-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Turquoise dots w/Black Micarta
- Top bracing pattern: Special Jumbo Bracing Pattern
- Top braces: Scalloped 5/16''
- Back material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back purfling: Style 35
- Side material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top inlay style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Back inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Neck material: Select Hardwood
- Neck shape: Low Profile
- Nut material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/ SquareTaper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony /C.F. Martin Block- Turquoise
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid with Black/White Boltaron
- Fingerboard material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard position inlays: Turquoise Polka Dot Pattern w/ BG Inlaid at 12th Fret
- Fingerboard binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish top: Polished Gloss
- Finish neck: Satin w/ Polished Headplate
- Bridge material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge style: Standard Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2 1/8''
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Chrome w/ Large Ebony Knobs
- Recommended strings: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & end pins: Black Ebony w/ Turquoise Dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 580 Geib style
- Interior label: Signed by CFM IV & Buddy Guy
- Electronics: Fishman Gold Plus VT
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Absolute incredible guitar. I have played just about everything Martin has made, but this one has an absolute sound and is relatively easy to play. As with all Jumbos, not the easiest to hold but well worth the effort. When you are playing this unique guitar, you will certainly stand out from the crowd!