- Product J22352
Martin LE-HMSD-2015 Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This Limited Edition model features an HMS Dreadnought printed on a Sitka spruce top with Martins Vintage Tone System (VTS). The HMS Dreadnought was ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A highly collectible acoustic for fans of great tone and naval history.
This Limited Edition model features an HMS Dreadnought printed on a Sitka spruce top with Martins Vintage Tone System (VTS). The HMS Dreadnought was the largest battleship of the British Royal Navy and serves as the inspiration behind the name and printed design on the top of the LE-HMSD-2015 dreadnought-sized guitar. Other features of this 12-fret dreadnought model include genuine mahogany back and sides, East Indian rosewood headplate and a black ebony fingerboard and bridge. This guitar is truly a unique instrument that will be cherished by guitar enthusiasts for years to come.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martins craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Body type: D-12 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: VTS Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Standard "X" Scalloped
- Body finish: Polished Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified V
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Solid Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Waverly Nickel Side Mounts with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge: Solid Black Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone, Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited edtion
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: United States
Order one of these HMS Dreadnought models before this ship has sailed.