- Product 518169
Martin Limited Edition D-28M Elvis Presley Acoustic Guitar with Case
- Write a Review
Limited to 175 exquisite guitars, the D-28M Elvis Presley most closely resembles Elvis'1955 D-28 acoustic, fitted with a custom leather guitar cover ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Own a piece of rock 'n' roll legacy with this Elvis Limited Edition.
Limited to 175 exquisite guitars, the D-28M Elvis Presley most closely resembles Elvis'1955 D-28 acoustic, fitted with a custom leather guitar cover with his name across the lower bout. The unique tooled leather cover, originally created by Charles Underwood, made Elvis' D-28 guitar instantly recognizable. It is delivered in a special oversized vintage Geib style hardshell case to accommodate the dreadnought and cover.
The Limited Edition Elvis Presley guitar features rare Madagascar rosewood back and sides (which closely resembles Brazilian rosewood) and an Adirondack spruce top with 5/16" scalloped Adirondack braces for brilliant, powerful tone. The Elvis motif of this dreadnought includes a silhouette of the King and his Martin modeled after a famous 1956 photograph ” inlaid in the polished black ebony headplate utilizing mother-of-pearl and black pearl. Small pearl-bordered abalone star position markers and Elvis' signature are inlaid into the black ebony fingerboard. The black Micarta heelcap features his "TCB Lightning Bolt" logo ” a design that originated with the "Taking Care Of Business" pendants Elvis gave to friends ” inlaid in mother-of-pearl.
Classic 1950s-inspired Martin appointments include a 1-11/16" neck with diamond volute carved from genuine mahogany and satin finished, Grover deluxe nickel Kluson tuners with small oval metal buttons, the old style Martin decal logo on the headstock, black ebony fingerboard and belly bridge, genuine bone nut and saddle and a flawless polished gloss lacquer finish with vintage-appropriate light amber aging toner on the top.
- Model: D-28M Elvis Presley
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony /Elvis Presley Graphic Silhouette - White & Black Mother Of Pearl /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Black Micarta With TCB Lightning Bolt Inlay In Mother-Of-Pearl
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Stars - Select Abalone (Bordered In mother-of-pearl) at 5th, 7th, 9th, 15th & 17th Frets
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin With Polished Headplate
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Vintage Belly With Drop-In Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Bone - Drop-In Long Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Grover Deluxe Nickel (Kluson Style)
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Medium Phosphor Bronze (Msp4200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White With Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black ” Beveled & Polished
- Case: 545exl Geib Style ; Leather Cover Available In Right-Handed Configuration Only