- Product 501671
Martin LX Elvis Presley Short-Scale Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin LX Elvis Presley is a short-scale acoustic guitar that is sure to strike a chord among guitar players, collectors, and Elvis fans. Three d...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A must-have for Elvis fans.
The Martin LX Elvis Presley is a short-scale acoustic guitar that is sure to strike a chord among guitar players, collectors, and Elvis fans. Three decades after his passing, Elvis Presley's popularity remains high worldwide.
Constructed with high-pressure laminate material, the Martin LX Elvis Presley Guitar has a top that features a leather-like graphic of Elvis' own custom hand-tooled leather cover. Martin includes a padded gig bag with the LX Elvis Presely Short-Scale Acoustic Guitar.
- Model: LX Elvis Presley
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: Modified 0-14 Fret
- Top: Custom Leather Cover Graphic On Hpl
- Rosette: None
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified X Series ''X''
- Top Braces: Crowned Cross Brace & Graphite Bowtie Plate
- Back Material: Black Hpl Textured Finish
- Back Purfling: None
- Side Material: Black Hpl Textured Finish
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: None
- Top Inlay Style: None
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: None
- Neck Material: Natural Stratabond
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Jett Black Hpl
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard Material: Black Micarta
- Scale Length: 23''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/16''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: None
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: None
- Finish Top: None
- Finish Neck: None
- Bridge Material: Black Micarta
- Bridge Style: Belly with Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome with Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Medium Phosphor Bronze (M550)
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Padded Gig Bag
- Interior Label: Special Elvis Paper Label, Numbered In Sequence
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Before one orders this guitar, he or she should carefully read the description. It is not the full sized, leather-covered guitar that Elvis used. You can get one of those guitars from Martin, but expect to pay big bucks. This high quality Little Martin is an affordable bit of surprisingly good sound, playability, collectability and memorabilia all rolled into one. It's also a great looking little instrument.It is a limited edition of 1000, so it is very likely,that down the road, it will gain in value. I already own a Little Martin and use it as a travel guitar, but I bought this one as a special birthday gift for my soon-to-be ten year old grandson, who is an Elvis fan. It should be noted that the size of the fretboard on this guitar is very playable by multiple-sized hands. My hands are fairly large and I have no problem, and my grandson's hands are able to form chords on my Little Martin. I have also taught a group of women school teachers some basics on Little Martins. They liked not only the fret board sizing but also the smaller body as well. The top of the "Elvis" is a photographically reproduced image that seems to be imbedded right into the HPL and is not like paper. The sides and back are textured, giving the look and feel of leather. This guitar is truly a joy to own and should be a delight for any Elvis Presley fan.
I order this guitar for my daughter's 15th birthday. When we open the box we were floored. The size and look was not like the picture. The front was like wall paper and the size was perfect for my 8 year old daughter. I will say that it played good. The sound was great. We are sinding it back for a reagular size guitar.