- Product 501668
Martin M-38 Koa Special Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin M-38 Koa Special is an acoustic guitar that features beautifully flamed Hawaiian koa, a Style "45" snowflake inlay pattern, and gold hardw...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Beautiful highly flamed Hawaiian koa adorns this guitar's back and sides.
The Martin M-38 Koa Special is an acoustic guitar that features beautifully flamed Hawaiian koa, a Style "45" snowflake inlay pattern, and gold hardware. Long prized on the stage and in the studio, Martin's M-38 Grand Auditorium guitar combines the "0000" shape with the thinner "000" body depth for exceptionally balanced tone. Martin includes a Geib-style case with the M-38 Koa Special Acoustic Guitar.
- Model: M-38 Koa Special
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: M (0000) - 14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Highly Flamed Hawaiian Koa
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid Highly Flamed Hawaiian Koa
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Squaretaper
- Headplate: Solid Highly Flamed Koa /C.F. Martin Script - Select Abalone Pearl
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 45 Snowflakes - Select Abalone
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Vintage Toner ; Sunburst Available At Additional Cost.
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly with Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold with Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor Bronze (MSP4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White with Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 570 Geib Style
- Interior Label: None