- Product 513365
Martin OM21 Special Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Historically, 21 styling has represented the most simple appointments offered with rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. The OM-21 Special closel...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Historically, 21 styling has represented the most simple appointments offered with rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. The OM-21 Special closely replicates this plain but beautiful style by blending rosewood bindings, a fine patterned Herringbone rosette, a nitrate tortoise pickguard and ebony fingerboard and pyramid bridge. The result is a stunning guitar that pays homage to the Golden Era styling.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Fine Herringbone
- Top bracing pattern: Standard X Scalloped
- Top braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back material: Solid East India Rosewood
- Back purfling: Fine Herringbone
- Side material: Solid East India Rosewood
- Endpiece: Solid Black Ebony
- Endpiece inlay: Maple
- Binding: Solid East India Rosewood
- Top inlay style: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side inlay: None
- Back inlay: Maple
- Neck material: Select Hardwood
- Neck shape: Low Profile
- Nut material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East India Rosewood w/ Large Old-Style Logo
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard position inlays: Abalone Squares
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish top: Polished Gloss w/Vintage Toner
- Finish neck: Satin
- Bridge material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge style: Pyramid w/ Drop-in Saddle
- Bridge string spacing: 2-5/16"
- Saddle: 16" radius/ Compensated/Bone
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Nickel w/ Open-Geared
- Recommended strings: Martin MSP 4100 Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: Black Ebony w/ Grained Ivoroid Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color
- Case: 533E Geib style
- Interior label: None
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I got one of these new for a crazy cheap price. I checked it out and then bought it immediately. The guitar is the most average sounding Martin I heard. It sounded like a Taylor very high tone with little resonance through the body. At the price I could not complain but it was not the excellent full captivating tone I am used to. It is extremely well made and setup perfect. i will change the strings and play it some more. When it opens up maybe I can expect a more complex sound.
I am not a great player but decided I am good enough to move up from a beginner acoustic guitar. I did a lot of research before purchasing this instrument. I played several dreadnoughts but found the OM 21 Special to really meet my needs. Terrific tone, beautiful sound, easier to play than lesser guitars, great looks, excellent price and the financing option didn't hurt eather. Couldn't be happier. Lou M
I am an intermediate fingerstyle player and I cannot tell you how much I love this guitar. This guitar would have gotten a perfect 5.0, but it really is sort of basic in the features department. But that's the point of this guitar! Simple accoutrements, minimal inlay work, and perfect tone. The one feature that separated this guitar from my other acoustics is the neck width and string spacing. It's a pretty standard size near the nut, but the strings fan out more at the bridge making it the perfect guitar for finger-picking, especially if you have bigger fingers like me. It has true Martin tone and the finish looks like a classic acoustic guitar. I absolutely will never part with this guitar.