- Product 513307
Martin POW MIA Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The POW MIA Dreadnought Special Edition Acoustic Guitar was designed by a small group of Martin employees to honor the families of American serviceme...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
"To those we have lost, you are not forgotten."
The POW MIA Dreadnought Special Edition Acoustic Guitar was designed by a small group of Martin employees to honor the families of American servicemen and women who were held captive or are still missing in action. A stainless steel bracelet will be sent to the original owner upon completion of the Martin warranty. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each POW MIA guitar will be donated to the National Alliance of Families for the return of America's missing servicemen and women.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body size: D 14-Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Single Ring of Paua w/Multiple Black/White Inlays
- Top bracing pattern: D1 Hybrid
- Top braces: 1 Style/Scalloped
- Back material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Side material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top inlay style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: Black Corian
- Headplate: Black Ebony w/POW MIA Pin
- Fingerboard material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4"
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16"
- Fingerboard position inlays: Custom Design
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss/Black
- Finish top: Polished Gloss/Black
- Bridge material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge style: 1 Style Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/Black Micarta
- Tuning machines: Chrome w/Large Knobs
- Recommended strings: Martin SP4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: Black w/Abalone Pearl Dots
- Case: 545 Geib Style w/American Flag Lining
- Interior label: Signed By Christian Frederick Martin IV - Numbered
- Electronics: Optional
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin POW MIA Acoustic Guitar:
I've been playing various styles of guitar since I was 8 years old. I am also an Army vet who had honor of leading teams on POW/MIA recovery missions. This guitar delivers the quality warmth and blend of bright tones that delivers the well balanced warm tone of its namesake. Martin's handsigned and numbered label adds a personal touch as well. The case is amazing and solid as a rock. I enjoyed my first "personal gig" with it in my livingroom after pulling it out of the box and tunning it up. The blend of mahogany and spruce combined with the quality of Martin bracings produced a soothing and wonderful tone immediately. If you want a sweet sounding Martin that is tributed to veterans in a quality guitar then this is one guitar you shouldn't pass up.