- J04720 000000000 J04720000000000
Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic Martin body with modern refinements, including high-quality Fishman electronics.
- Martin Retro Series D-35E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
Chris Martin's vision for the Retro Series is to perfectly capture the mystique and tonal emotion of priceless, pristine and well-aged Martin guitars. With electronic imaging contributed from a 1967 vintage D-35 "donor" guitar, the resulting acoustic as well as amplified tone is projective, balanced and resonant. Classic and enhanced D-35 appointments include a three-piece back, black pickguard, ivoroid bindings, a certified European spruce soundboard with thin 1/4 in. width bracing, and Fishman F1 Aura Plus electronics. The visual appeal of the original D-35 is captured and blended with a High Performance Neck taper for easy action and enhanced playability.
Comes with a 445 hardshell case.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: D-14 Fret
- Top: European spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X"
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka spruce 1/4 in.
- Back Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 35
- Side Material: Solid East Indian rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: European spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile with Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indiean rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained ivoroid with multiple black/white Boltaron inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Soild black ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4 in.
- # of Frets: 20 (14 clear)
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4 in.
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8 in.
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 - mother-of-pearl dots
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss with Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid black ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930's style belly with drop-in saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16 in.
- Saddle: 16 in. radius/compensated/white tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome enclosed with large buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus
You can always count on Martin for qualtiy crafstmanship and sound. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.