- Product 518449
Martin Special Edition D-28 Elvis Presley Acoustic Guitar with Case
- Write a Review
The D-28 Elvis Presley Commemorative special edition guitar features back and sides of East Indian rosewood and a top of Carpathian spruce. The combi...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Own a piece of rock 'n' roll legacy with this Elvis Special Edition.
The D-28 Elvis Presley Commemorative special edition guitar features back and sides of East Indian rosewood and a top of Carpathian spruce. The combination of these fine tonewoods and 5/16" scalloped top bracing produce a responsive guitar with impressive volume, punch and sustain. It has style 28 purfling around the top and back. The body is bound in grained ivoroid.
The Elvis motif of this dreadnought guitar includes a silhouette of the King and his Martin modeled after a famous 1956 photograph ” inlaid in the polished black ebony headplate utilizing mother-of-pearl and black pearl. Small pearl-bordered abalone star position markers and Elvis' signature are inlaid into the black ebony fingerboard. The black Micarta heelcap features his "TCB Lightning Bolt" logo ” a design that originated with the "Taking Care Of Business" pendants Elvis gave to friends ” inlaid in mother-of-pearl.
The Special Edition D-28 Guitar has classic 1950s-inspired Martin appointments that include a 1-11/16" neck with diamond volute carved from genuine mahogany and satin finished, Grover deluxe nickel Kluson„¢ tuners with small oval metal buttons, the old style Martin decal logo on the headstock, black ebony fingerboard and belly bridge, genuine bone nut and saddle and a flawless polished gloss lacquer finish with vintage-appropriate light amber aging toner on the top.
- Model: D-28 Elvis Presley
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Carpathian Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Solid Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony /Elvis Presley Graphic Silhouette ” White & Black Mother-Of-Pearl /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Black Micarta With TCB Lightning Bolt Inlay In Mother-Of-Pearl
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Stars ” Select Abalone (Bordered In mother-of-pearl) at 5th, 7th, 9th, 15th & 17th Frets
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin With Polished Headplate
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Vintage Belly With Drop-In Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Bone ” Drop-In Long Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Grover Deluxe Nickel (Kluson Style)
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Medium Phosphor Bronze (Msp4200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White With Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black ” Beveled & Polished
- Case: 545E Geib Style