- Product 518448
Martin Special Edition HM Ben Harper Acoustic-Electric Guitar with Case
- Write a Review
The Martin HM Ben Harper Special Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar draws inspiration from Martin's M size, which combines a wide (16") body with OOO (...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A one-of-a-kind Martin designed by a one-of-a-kind artist.
The Martin HM Ben Harper Special Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar draws inspiration from Martin's M size, which combines a wide (16") body with OOO (4-1/8" at the endpin) depth for powerful, yet balanced tone. The top of rare Adirondack spruce is matched to 5/16" Adirondack spruce scalloped braces for extraordinary headroom and clarity; back and side of East Indian rosewood add warmth and projection. The 1-11/16" (at the nut) low profile neck with diamond volute is carved from genuine mahogany.
The body displays classic Martin appointments. The top is encircled by bold herringbone purfling and matching herringbone is featured in the three-ring soundhole rosette. The back and sides are adorned with maple and black fiber fine purfling, with the back divided by a colorful Style 45 mosaic backstrip. Grained ivoroid body binding is matched by grained ivoroid endpiece and heelcap, both of which are accented with maple and back fiber fine line inlays. The guitar has a polished and beveled acetate/nitrate vintage-style tortoise pickguard to protect the top.
A rich colorful target has become somewhat of a logo for Ben Harper; so under the familiar gold old style "C. F. Martin" logo on the polished black ebony Headplate, a version of the target is inlaid in orange and green composite stone. The target theme is continued with select abalone pearl and ebony ringed target position markers that run from the 5th to the 17th frets.
For versatile amplified sound, the HM Ben Harper Special Edition acoustic guitar comes equipped with a Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend System, which combines Martin's GoldPlus under-the-saddle transducer, and Ellipse internal mini-microphone on a flexible gooseneck mount and an integrated preamp. The unit's controls are accessed though the soundhole, so no guitar side is injured in its installation. Martin includes a Geib style hardshell case with the HM Ben Harper guitar.
- Model: HM Ben Harper
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: M (0000) ” 14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: 3 Ring ” Bold Herringbone
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Back Inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony /Target - Mandarin Orange/Kiwi Reconstituted Stone /Large Old Style (Less Est. 1833)
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid With Black/Maple Fiber Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28 Blue Paua & Ebony Targets
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With Vintage Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin With Polished Headplate
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/
- White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Chrome With Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor Bronze (Msp4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Fossilized Ivory With Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Case: 570 Geib Style
- Interior Label: Signed By Ben Harper, Numbered In Sequence