- 514514 000000000 514514000000000
Martin Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The 000-42 is the epitome of Martin quality and design, with a resonant solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Beautiful de...Read More
The 000-42 is the epitome of Martin quality and design, with a resonant solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Beautiful detail and cosmetics throughout. Includes hardshell case.
An auditorium-body beauty!
- Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar Regular
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: 000 14-Fret
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Abalone Pearl with Black/White/Black Inlays
- SIDE INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/Tapered
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C. F. Martin, Block Abalone Pearl
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid with B/W Inlay
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.9"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-/4''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 45 Snowflake - Select Pearl
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid/Mitered
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss/ Aging Toner
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/4''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Gold w/ Butterbean Knobs
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Abalone Dots
Order today and treasure it for a lilfetime.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar:
I have mixed feelings about this one. I decided to get something fancy for my sixtieth birthday; I usually just go for the sound. The 00042 is definitely ornamental. I can tell you what I like and dislike about it. What I like best is the neck. The neck is so perfect you can lower the action almost to touching the frets, and it doesn't buzz anywhere. It comes with a pretty case, not that plastic molded one that Martin seems to think is so great. The guitar is also beautiful, although the back of the D-35 is prettier. Where it falls short is this: it doesn't ring like the D-35, and it is very expensive. I bought my first D-35 in 1971 for 700, so it's hard to get used to these prices. I think the guitar industry is going a bit crazy.
However, if you want a really ornamental guitar, the 000-42 is for you. It is nice. . . it is expensive, but it is nice...but it's expensive...but it IS nice.