More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- 514514 000000000 514514000000000
Martin Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The 000-42 is the epitome of Martin quality and design, with a resonant solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Beautiful de...Click To Read More About This Product
Earn up to 44,792 (1x) in bonus points today for this item!
6-Month*** financing available
An auditorium-body beauty!
- Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar Regular
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The 000-42 is the epitome of Martin quality and design, with a resonant solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Beautiful detail and cosmetics throughout. Includes hardshell case.
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: 000 14-Fret
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Abalone Pearl with Black/White/Black Inlays
- SIDE INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/Tapered
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C. F. Martin, Block Abalone Pearl
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid with B/W Inlay
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.9"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-/4''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 45 Snowflake - Select Pearl
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid/Mitered
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss/ Aging Toner
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/4''
- SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Gold w/ Butterbean Knobs
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Abalone Dots
Order today and treasure it for a lilfetime.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar:
I have mixed feelings about this one. I decided to get something fancy for my sixtieth birthday; I usually just go for the sound. The 00042 is definitely ornamental. I can tell you what I like and dislike about it. What I like best is the neck. The neck is so perfect you can lower the action almost to touching the frets, and it doesn't buzz anywhere. It comes with a pretty case, not that plastic molded one that Martin seems to think is so great. The guitar is also beautiful, although the back of the D-35 is prettier. Where it falls short is this: it doesn't ring like the D-35, and it is very expensive. I bought my first D-35 in 1971 for 700, so it's hard to get used to these prices. I think the guitar industry is going a bit crazy.
However, if you want a really ornamental guitar, the 000-42 is for you. It is nice. . . it is expensive, but it is nice...but it's expensive...but it IS nice.