- 514514 000000000 514514000000000
Martin Standard Series 000-42 Auditorium Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The 000-42 is the epitome of Martin quality and design, with a resonant solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Beautiful de...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An auditorium-body beauty!
- Standard Series 000-42 Acoustic Guitar Regular
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
The 000-42 is the epitome of Martin quality and design, with a resonant solid Sitka spruce top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Beautiful detail and cosmetics throughout. Includes hardshell case.
CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
ROSETTE: Style 45
TOP BRACING PATTERN: 000 14-Fret
TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
BACK PURFLING: Style 45
SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
TOP INLAY STYLE: Abalone Pearl with Black/White/Black Inlays
SIDE INLAY: B/W Boltaron
BACK INLAY: B/W Boltaron
NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
NECK SHAPE: Modified V
NUT MATERIAL: Bone
HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /C. F. Martin, Block Abalone Pearl
HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid with B/W Inlay
FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
SCALE LENGTH: 24.9"
# OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
# OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4''
FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-/4''
FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 45 Snowflake - Select Pearl
FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid/Mitered
FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss/ Aging Toner
FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain
BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/4''
SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Gold w/ Butterbean Knobs
BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Abalone Dots
PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color
Order today and treasure it for a lilfetime.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin Standard Series 000-42 Auditorium Acoustic Guitar:
I have mixed feelings about this one. I decided to get something fancy for my sixtieth birthday; I usually just go for the sound. The 00042 is definitely ornamental. I can tell you what I like and dislike about it. What I like best is the neck. The neck is so perfect you can lower the action almost to touching the frets, and it doesn't buzz anywhere. It comes with a pretty case, not that plastic molded one that Martin seems to think is so great. The guitar is also beautiful, although the back of the D-35 is prettier. Where it falls short is this: it doesn't ring like the D-35, and it is very expensive. I bought my first D-35 in 1971 for 700, so it's hard to get used to these prices. I think the guitar industry is going a bit crazy.
However, if you want a really ornamental guitar, the 000-42 is for you. It is nice. . . it is expensive, but it is nice...but it's expensive...but it IS nice.