- Product 518477
Martin Standard Series D-21 Special Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Historically, Martin's 21 styling has represented the simplest appointment level with rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. Introduced in 2007, M...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Solid materials and craftsmanship dressed down to simple elegance.
Historically, Martin's 21 styling has represented the simplest appointment level with rosewood back and sides and a spruce top. Introduced in 2007, Martin's OM-21 Special closely replicates this plain but beautiful style by blending rosewood bindings, a herringbone rosette, a nitrate tortoise pickguard and an ebony fingerboard and pyramid bridge. The D-21 Special Guitar shares identical appointments with the OM-21 Special, but in a dreadnought format. The resulting instrument offers Martin's legacy tone with classic style.
- Model: D-21 Special
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: 3 Ring - Fine Herringbone
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Fine Herringbone
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Solid Black Ebony
- Endpiece Inlay: Maple
- Binding: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/Maple Fiber
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Maple
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 21- Select Abalone Squares - One At 5th, Two At 7th, One At 9th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With Vintage Toner ; Sunburst Available At Additional Cost.
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Pyramid With Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared With Oval Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Medium Phosphor Bronze (Msp4200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Solid Black Ebony With Grained Ivoroid Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Case: 545e
- Interior Label: None
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin Standard Series D-21 Special Acoustic Guitar:
Overall, this is the best acoustic guitar I have ever owned, it has the best sound (Which is what I was going for)...there are many other models that cost more and less but in my opinion, Martin makes some of the very best Guitars going...high quality, Killer TONE and that's what it's all about, Right? Any Martin you can afford will give you exceptional sound, tone and quality.
I just bought this Guitar and played it on stage the other night. It has the best tone imaginable and the action is just right. The Baggs pickup sounds real fine as well. Playing unplugged this is one of the best sounding instruments with such monster tone...can't go wrong with Martin!
I can't find any issues with this guitar. I did have to exchange the case though, they didn't put sufficient glue on the leather and it had opened up even before I made it home. New case if fine.
I always would like to get a better price on any item but for the money, this guitar sounds fantastic. I couldn't imagine a better tone or sound.