- Product J12002
Martin X Series 2015 OMXAE Orchestra Model Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This X Series OM 14 fret non-cutaway acoustic-electric model features a Jett black HPL top, back and sides. Equipped with Fishman Sonitone USB electr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Black is beautiful in this affordable HPL textured hybrid with Fishman Sonitone USB electronics.
This X Series OM 14 fret non-cutaway acoustic-electric model features a Jett black HPL top, back and sides. Equipped with Fishman Sonitone USB electronics and a black stratabond neck with a PA profile, the OMXAE black model will please players of all levels. Also featured is a new single ring, pad printed rosette and a mod '30s style bridge.
Case sold separately.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- Rosette: Single Ring - Pad Printed
- Top Bracing Pattern: X-Series ''X''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish
- Endpiece: none
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: none
- Top Inlay Style: none
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Black Stratabond
- Neck Shape: PA Profile
- Nut Material: Black Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Jett Black HPL Textured Finish with Pad Printed Logo
- Heelcap: none
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: none
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back and Sides: none
- Finish Top: none
- Finish Neck: none
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Mod 30s Style - Drop-In Saddle with Deep Slot
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Black Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed with Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge and End Pins: Black with White Dots
- Pickguard: none
- Interior Label: Black Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone USB
- Case sold separately
Get your hands on a quality Martin guitar with a quick call or mouse click today!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Keeps rations dry
- Mounts to Jeep
- Stays In Tune
- Doesn't come in OD green
- Killing time in the mud
- Small Venues
Comments about Martin X Series 2015 OMXAE Orchestra Model Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
During WWII the war department approached Martin Guitars to build a durable small light weight guitar that could handle the rigors of war. Being true patriots the Martin Guitar Company immediately jumped at the chance to help with the war effort. A simulated battle field was constructed behind the Martin factory and Martins engineers got to work. Their first effort was a guitar called the little Martin, which was quickly rejected because it was soon discovered that the enemy would laugh at any man playing this guitar. It was however discovered that they were great toys for the children back home. After many long days and nights of working around the clock Martin produced the Standard Issue OMXAE BLACK, soon nick named "The Heart Breaker" by the troops. Many a "war brides" from Paris to London were seduced by this black beauty. Most importantly it mounted to the JEEP and did not use any spruce, all spruce was going toward a top secret airplane being designed by Howard Hughes.
This guitar is mostly synthetic when compared to other guitars that fare well in adverse climate/weather conditions this is a no brainer. Carbon fiber guitars are cool but not the high price they command cool! I like the 1.75 nut with and the string spacing and that it's a Martin, and the price with Musicians Friend discount. It's not a solid wood Martin and it doesn't have that sound/tone but that's not what you buy this guitar for. It's durable and very easy to play for me, unlike trying to play a little Martin (smaller nut width). It puts the fun back in my knock around/couch/travel grab and go guitar. If anything happened to it I would be upset but not fiberglass carbon upset. I really like this guitar and how it sounds, feels (not too big/small) and looks.