- J28727 000001000 J28727000001000
Martin X Series DX1KAE-L Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The 6-string Martin DX1KAE-L acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform, a dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, rich sound that is...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Special lefty features the coupling of Sitka and Hawaiian koa-pattern HPL for an affordable, great-looking instrument.
The 6-string Martin DX1KAE-L acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform, a dreadnought body designed to produce a powerful, rich sound that is perfect for live performance and in the studio. Pairing the Sitka spruce top with the Hawaiian Koa-pattern HPL back and sides, the DX1KAE-L guitar has a clear, balanced tone, with all the sustain and dynamic range you have come to expect from a Martin guitar. The mortise-and-tenon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics.<br /><br>The Martin guitar's laminate birch neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of wood under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.<br><br>The modified low oval neck shape, 25.4" scale, 1-11/16" nut width, and 16" radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.<br><br>This X Series Martin acoustic guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box.<br><br>Dressed in a hand rubbed finish, Koa HPL headplate, and chrome tuners, this guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.<br><br>The Martin DX1KAE-L guitar arrives stage ready-just plug them in and play. All X Series guitars also include a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Martin has always made prudent use of natural resources, especially rare or endangered tonewoods. At the same time, it's committed to building guitars of superior tone and playability that are affordable to every guitarist. The X Series more than meets both of these criteria.<br><br>Case sold separately<br><br><strong>X Series</strong><br>X Series Guitars feature patented high pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce top, patented mortise and tenon neck construction, and professionally installed Fishman electronics. The result: great-sounding, great-playing guitar, that is environmentally friendly, and priced to fly out the door. This is one of Martin's best values ever. The X Series affirms Martin's commitment to providing an affordable and competitive option for players dedicated to live performance and studio recording.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Koa HPL
- Bracing pattern: Non scalloped X-type
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed Clearcoat
- Orientation: Left handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/PA taper
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Richlite FSC Certified
- Neck wood: Natural Birch Laminate
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Koa HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge: Richlite FSC Certified
- Saddle & nut: White Coriian, Compensated white tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Order this affordable Martin X Series guitar today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.