- 430678 000010000 430678000010000
Martin X Series DXK2AE Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Martin guitars from the X Series feature patented mortise and tenon neck construction, and professionally installed Fishman electronics. The result: ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Lefty koa laminate body with Fishman electronics.
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
Martin guitars from the X Series feature patented mortise and tenon neck construction, and professionally installed Fishman electronics. The result: great-sounding, great-playing guitars, that are environmentally friendly, and priced to fly out the door. This is one of Martin's best values ever. The X Series affirms Martin's commitment to providing an affordable and competitive option to players dedicated to live performance.
The 6-string X Series DXK2AE Dreadnought Left-Handed acoustic-electric guitar features a D-14 platform, a dreadnought body design producing big, rounded sound. Pairing the Hawaiian koa-pattern HPL top with the koa-pattern HPL back and sides, the Martin DXK2AE guitar belts out rich clarity and plenty of projection. The mortise and tennon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics.
The X Series DXK2AE Dreadnought Left-Handed guitar's stratabond neck is a multilayered wood creation, bonding layers of wood under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The modified low oval neck shape, 25.4 in. scale, 1-11/16 in. nut width, and 16 in. radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This X Series lefty Martin guitar features proven Sonicore pick-up technology with the Fishman Sonitone system featuring "easy access" volume and tone controls conveniently and strategically located just inside the sound hole.
Dressed in a satin finish and featuring chrome tuners, chrome hardware, this guitar has the look and sound of a highly collectible Martin guitar, but goes for a price that anyone can afford. Embrace the dream of owning your very own Martin guitar, at a price that is too good to pass up.
The Martin DXK2AE left-handed guitar arrives stage ready-just plug them in and play. All X Series guitars also include a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Martin has always made prudent use of natural resources, especially rare or endangered tonewoods. At the same time, it's committed to building guitars of superior tone and playability that are affordable to every guitarist. The Martin X Series more than meets both of these criteria.
Case sold separately.
- Hawaiian koa wood top and body
- Spruce bracing
- Fishman electronics
- Elegant rosette
- Case sold separately
Experience the koa difference. Order today.
- Model: DX1KAE
- Neck construction: mortise and tenon neck joint
- Body type: Left-handed D-14 fret
- Top: Hawaiian Koa HPL Pattern Textured Finish
- Rosette: Herringbone Style - Gold & Black
- Top bracing pattern: X-Series ''X''
- Top braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16 in.
- Back material: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Side material: Koa Wood Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck material: Natural Stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Standard Taper
- Headplate: Koa Wood Pattern HPL
- Fingerboard material: Black Richlite
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16 in.
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8 in.
- Bridge material: Black Richlite
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8 in.
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed with Small Buttons
- Recommended strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor bronze (msp4100)
- Bridge and endpins: White with Black Dots
- Case: Sold separately
- Interior label: Black Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great tone
- Nice finish
- Smooth neck
- Stays In Tune
- Live Shows
Comments about Martin X Series DXK2AE Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Played great right out of the box. The finish looked beautiful and the neck was as smooth as high end martins. The 3 quarter inch jack is a little loose but hasn't given me any problems when plugging in to play live